2012 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was an incident. Grosjean had no idea what was going to happen. Touching someone is allowed. And after that, there was nothing Hamilton could do at all.

But it is not allowed to cause an avoidable accident. Hmm.. Any F1 expert that could help with this? If you do it un-intentionaly does it still count?

Just watched the replay. The first Hamilton knew, Grosjean's rear wheel was directly behind his front left, so if he had've lifted, there wouldve been a collision anyway.

Something had to be done to wake Grosjean up. He's been involved in far too many incidents this year, hopefully the ban will shock him into using better judgement in wheel to wheel racing. I agree with the previous posts about Maldonado, Spa 2011 and Monaco 2012 were obviously deliberate, yet he had the audacity to lie to the stewards. It's a real surprise he hasn't been banned at all. Both are obviously hugely talented drivers but need to show more maturity if they're going to become great drivers. Someone like Sergio Perez is easily of the same calibre as MAL and GRO but he doesn't get himself tangled up in these incidents or make anywhere near as many as silly errors.

There's been some talk of the low driving standards in the championships below F1 e.g. GP2 being to blame. This is arguable to a certain extent but at the end of the day drivers are in those categories to learn. Grosjean and Maldonado especially have bags of experience at sub - F1 level racing yet they continue to make stupid mistakes.

All easy for me to say whilst sat in my armchair but it makes you wonder. If the ban doesn't give Grosjean a kick up the arse then perhaps he doesn't belong in F1? Same could be said for Maldonado. When will he show some maturity?

Best SPA race i´ve ever seen. Period.

To bad with Alonso, Groretard and Hamilton as well as both the Sauber´s.
Not sure what the hell Romain was going there but apart from that, MAN WHAT A RACE!

So many overtakes, so many DRS battles, so many fights all over the place with trains of cars from start to finish!

I don´t even know what to write, this race was amazing, it had everything you could ask for really.

Grosjean needs to be less aggressive at the starts. Sure, he didn't mean to crash into Hamilton, but when he's had 7 1st lap incidents in the 12 races so far he's doing something wrong. Real shame that Alonso took a punch in the points today, but at least he still has the lead and Ferrari has the home advantage at Monza next week.

Grosjean can say that he didn't mean to do it, but he did try to cut Hamilton off.

Hey, Ramon, I disagree. Both Grosjean and Maldonado are good pilots, though very immature. That is their problem: maturity.

I can see your point about maturity, but this is F! not Saturday night racing with Uncle Jeb. I think Lotus was expecting a lot more out this dude. Maldonado, well, when's the last time you saw a driver jump the start like that in F1? I don't remember watching a bigger display of ineptitude at the pinnacle of motorsport in a long time.

I can see your point about maturity, but this is F! not Saturday night racing with Uncle Jeb. I think Lotus was expecting a lot more out this dude. Maldonado, well, when's the last time you saw a driver jump the start like that in F1? I don't remember watching a bigger display of ineptitude at the pinnacle of motorsport in a long time.

Yeah, definitely, everybody expected much from these 2 - at least I did from Romain, really liked his driving with GP2, but now...Maybe it is just a slump. I think the guy is really good, but something is off.

Maldonado - everyone emphasizes the "huge amounts of money" (Sky F1) he brings to Williams, that they are just waiting it out until he finally matures...

Hmm...

I was one who was expecting good things out of Grosjean. I always thought he got a raw deal when he was at Renault. After that stint everything he raced he won, so he was pretty hot. I was sure he was gonna give Kimi a run for his money, but all the mistakes this year, it's just weird.

What did Maldonado say about the jump start? WTF?

To me, i yhink Grosjean intended to squeeze Hamilton but got caught out by Lewis's resurgence and the loss of judgement is what started the huge crash. Personally i think that due to the damage to his car (light) then Lewis couldve continued before he was hooked onto the back of the Lotus. If Lewis hadnt have hooked onto the back of the Lotus there wouldve been. O contact with Perez, Alonso or Kobayashi because the momentum from the powerless McLaren was what propelled Romain into the young Mexican's Sauber. I think (even though I'm a Hamilton fan) that a ban was a little harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back