2012 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaping up to be one hell of a season so far. 4 races, 4 different winners, 5 drivers within 10 points of each other at the top. Really nice pace and good strategy from Lotus today. Two weeks off and then most teams will be bringing major updates to Spain. It is only going to get more interesting from here!! Hopefully we have another season like 2010 where the Title comes down to the last race. Brazil will be great place to end a close season if it turns out that way.

I thinjk Alonso is right on his Twitter, as both the defending from Rosberg was allowed by the stewards, as was the overtaking by Hamilton:
alo_oficial twitterde op zondag 22-04-2012 om 19:22:18
I think you are going to have fun in future races! You can defend position as you want and you can overtake outside the track! Enjoy!
wink.gif
))

Thing is, Hamilton didn't pass Rosberg until both were back on the track and in the braking zone. So Rosberg's radio message was BS as well.

Uhm, you are not allowed to gain an advantage by running outside the track I think.

Anyway, I still can't focus on race, or results.
As soon as the race finished, the rose painted picture started to fall.
1. At the circuit. "
One of the protesters was "severely beaten", apparently. So much for the "oasis of calm" at the circuit.
ArF4Jk7CIAA4dqg.jpg

2.Also at the circuit
ArGOQjoCMAEC9sW.jpg

3.During the race
8NZrD.jpg

And to end it, Channel 4 crew has been arrested. Fair enough, they were working without visas.

"
A Channel 4 News team has been arrested in Bahrain. We have been in contact with them & are v concerned for the welfare of their driver he was assaulted and separated from the group. we are working with the authorities."
"
Bahraini authorities have arrested our team, and assaulted our driver. they are now being held in Budiya police station @Channel4News Bahraini authorites & Ecclestone say journalists free to report in Bahrain, but we along with many media organisations were refused entry. Team arrested, surrounded by masked men and the driver assaulted taken away separately, last seen bleeding from his arms and we v concerned."
This is now, partially solved.

"
Can confirm our journalists have been deported.Still v concerned about safety of those working with them&will continue to appeal for release"
"
Bahraini authorities failed to make proper arrangements for deportation of our team so they r stuck @ airport- can u bring our equipment ?"
Sources: Twitter One and Twitter Two

Then, short time after.
"
Activist Dr. Alaa Shehabi and Ali Ali arrested as well. And another from the village of Sehla. Seems like they are taking the ones who have been in touch with reporters over the weekend."
She was released three hours ago luckily. (See "twitter one")

I admit, this post is political, but so was F1 this weekend. And with people being killed. The surrounding looking like a neighbor to a little warzone, they still pretend everything is right. Celebrating on the podium, and live in their own bubble.My biggest dream ever was to work in F1, heck, I'd clean toilets for a living, just to travel around in the F1 world. Now, I hope this backfires huge for F1. And I feel sorry for the GP2 crew, that stays for another week.

But what was the Change in RBR from China to Bahrain
In China Vettel Couldn't make up Q3 after 42 races and Webber with P7
And one week later Vettel was P1 and Webber was P3 in Q and P1 and P4 in Race
what was the change in their car ??

Every race is different. By that same measure you could ask why was Alonso 1st 2 races ago and now way down. Setups change, starts are different every race. If nothing changed we could just have the 1st race of the season and say that's the championship decided.

i think the feel with the tyres..
Apparently when it's warm Vettel is better with the tyres
When it's cool Webber is better with them

And overall the RBR is better with the tyres when it's warm and Mercedes has the best combination when it's cool.

The top is pretty close this year. You can see China Q, apart form Rosberg you had 6 drivers in half a second. Bahrain, 7 drivers in half a second. So it just takes a minimal advantage on a particular track, because your car has better aero, or traction, or engine power, to grab a pole, and on next track you are on 4th row.

Every race is different. By that same measure you could ask why was Alonso 1st 2 races ago and now way down. Setups change, starts are different every race. If nothing changed we could just have the 1st race of the season and say that's the championship decided.
Well but Alonso was not in P1 he did it in Race with the Perfect drive in the Tough conditions and RBR seems to be quick from the FP1 in bahrain
i think the feel with the tyres..
Apparently when it's warm Vettel is better with the tyres
When it's cool Webber is better with them

And overall the RBR is better with the tyres when it's warm and Mercedes has the best combination when it's cool.
I think this is right but why Mclaren lost their race pace cos they got the best race pace ....
and if this was right then Mclaren can be on top in spain

If Mclaren will be on top in Spain and RBR on 2nd row could be good for Season as we saw real hard racing in 2011 Spanish Gp between Sebastian and Lewis
If the Same situation goes on with 2 more drivers on next race like 4 drivers fighting for P1 in Spain could be exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes