2012 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the build up to the F1 weekend i saw a BBC or maybe a Sky Sport interview with a former WDC in the person of Nigel Mansell, but to the story i not sure what GP maybe Sliverstone it was Mansell an his teammate were at loggerheads, during one of his pit stops he was held up for quite some time, which the first place drive had a massive lead of 28sec that did not stop Mansell from breaking the lap record a significant number of time to over take his teammate to get the win:) never will we see something of that splendor with these now crummy tires:sick:

Please correct me if i'm wrong as it was not my era
you are right we cannot see that even normal overtakes also taking so much from tires these days :(

I think I agree with Schumacher. Making tyres that are intentionally bad is just weird. And honestly, more pitstops doesn't mean better races. I'd rather give them good tyres and let the racing happen in the track. If that's boring, then change rules to fix the racing, not to add artificial pitstops.

Also, these tyres are so unpredictable it isn't even funny. They hit the cliff at some point, but then they doesn't, then someone complains about degradation after 5 laps, then someone does 20 laps on softs. I guess that's the worst part for the drivers and the team, it's like tyre russian roulette.
Bernie obviously has something to do with how the tyres perform. Afterall, this is his little circus. And jokingly or not, he mentioned the use of sprinklers during races.:thumbsup: Way to go Bernie!

In the build up to the F1 weekend i saw a BBC or maybe a Sky Sport interview with a former WDC in the person of Nigel Mansell, but to the story i not sure what GP maybe Sliverstone it was Mansell an his teammate were at loggerheads, during one of his pit stops he was held up for quite some time, which the first place drive had a massive lead of 28sec that did not stop Mansell from breaking the lap record a significant number of time to over take his teammate to get the win:) never will we see something of that splendor with these now crummy tires:sick:

Please correct me if i'm wrong as it was not my era
It was not my era either, but as far as I know the tyres actually played quite an important role back then as well. Drivers went for completely different amounts of pit stop strategies - some doing only one stop, others multiples - and yet they'd meet each other again by the end of the race, just as it is now. And if someone went for the "sprint" to the finish line too soon, he'd kill his tyres and be overtaken by the more patient drivers.

Oh, and on the Rosberg/Hamilton/Alonso incidents:
This article has explained the situation best so far and given that unlike the stewards, we don't actually have access to telemetry and different camera perspectives (it's completely impossible to objectively judge the situation from the perspective shown on TV), I think it's best to reserve judgement.
Besides, I don't mind a little action as long as nobody is endangered :)

Vettels win doesnt mean revenge or being the best or having the best car. He just profited from the bad pitatops and lack of pace from other contenders besides Lotus. In short, luck. Even Speed Tv commentators werent that excited about the results but cheered for Lotus big time.

But what was the Change in RBR from China to Bahrain
In China Vettel Couldn't make up Q3 after 42 races and Webber with P7
And one week later Vettel was P1 and Webber was P3 in Q and P1 and P4 in Race
what was the change in their car ??

No hr simply used the best rb car which was Webbers, this track suits the rb on the middle sectors, other than that it wasnt the car that won it it was just that extra commitment. Q3 was close so no the car isnt that competitive. Lets wait til Catalunya to see what hacks Newey has.

No hr simply used the best rb car which was Webbers, this track suits the rb on the middle sectors, other than that it wasnt the car that won it it was just that extra commitment. Q3 was close so no the car isnt that competitive. Lets wait til Catalunya to see what hacks Newey has.
ok thank you for the info mate and i'm also eagerly waiting for Spanish GP
And Not only Q3 From Qualifying 1 of Australia it was so close

Vettels win doesnt mean revenge or being the best or having the best car. He just profited from the bad pitatops and lack of pace from other contenders besides Lotus. In short, luck. Even Speed Tv commentators werent that excited about the results but cheered for Lotus big time.

Ermm no. I think he would have won this race no matter what Hamilton, Raikkonen or anyone else could have done. Vettel dominated the race, and deserved to win. The fact that he won while not having the clear best car also deserves great respect.
Everyone loves a story of an underdog. Webber is my favourite driver, and even I at one point wanted the two Lotus cars to finish on the podium.

Honestly, Vettel got a bit of luck this race. But with many top drivers basically with the same performance, luck is an important factor. Rosberg probably was lucky in China, and Alonso was definitely lucky in Malaysia. Does that make them worse drivers? Not at all.

I'd say Räikkönen would have had a good shot at winning had he started in a decent position, he lost a lot of time getting to 2nd position. Not sure how Hamilton would have done without the pit mistakes since he also lost a lot of time because of those.

I hope Webber and Räikkönen manage to win this season. Add Schumacher and Hamilton, and there could be 7 different winners this season. Not too far from happening, as long as no team manages to get an edge on the others. Add a surprise win or two, and this might get crazy.

Ermm no. I think he would have won this race no matter what Hamilton, Raikkonen or anyone else could have done. Vettel dominated the race, and deserved to win. The fact that he won while not having the clear best car also deserves great respect.
Everyone loves a story of an underdog. Webber is my favourite driver, and even I at one point wanted the two Lotus cars to finish on the podium.
Dominated? Not sure we see eye to eye on what dominating is.
Also, not having the best car? Explain his pole position.. It was clear that in Bahrain, the RBR was the quickest car.

The reason Renault catched up was tire management on Vettel´s side. When they got close he just unloaded the grip he had left which Kimi had wasted catching Vettel with.

Dominated? Not sure we see eye to eye on what dominating is.
Also, not having the best car? Explain his pole position.. It was clear that in Bahrain, the RBR was the quickest car.

The reason Renault catched up was tire management on Vettel´s side. When they got close he just unloaded the grip he had left which Kimi had wasted catching Vettel with.

I'd call pole and a lights to flag finish a domination.
I was talking in general this season, Red Bull is not the fastest car by far anymore, it's touch and go with them, Mercedes and McLaren. I thought it was an impressive race by Vettel, and I'm not a fan of his.

In a nutshell, if Vettel had qualified anywhere other than the front row, he wouldn't have won.
Exactly, Vettel doesn't seem to be anything special unless he's all alone on the track. If he starts on pole, he'll win most of the time. Starting lower than that and it's rarely if ever.
There is a certain driver who, for some reason, is especially high regarded among the Vettel haters who has started on pole twice and still not won so far :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back