1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2012 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Scott Webber, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Track
    Circuit Name: Bahrain International Circuit
    Number of Laps: 57
    Circuit Length: 5.412 km
    Race Distance: 308.238 km
    Lap Record: 1:30.252 - M Schumacher (2004)

[​IMG]

Time Table
    Fri 20 April 2012
    08:00 - 09:30 GMT Practice 1
    12:00 - 13:30 GMT Practice 2

Sat 21 April 2012
    09:00 - 10:00 GMT Practice 3
    12:00 GMT Qualifying

Sun 22 April 2012
    13:00 GMT Race

Teams & Drivers
    Red Bull
    Engines: Renault
    1. Sebastian Vettel
    2. Mark Webber

McLaren
    Engines: Mercedes
    3. Jenson Button
    4. Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari
    Engines: Ferrari
    5. Fernando Alonso
    6. Felipe Massa

Mercedes
    7. Michael Schumacher
    8. Nico Rosberg

Lotus
    9. Kimi Raikkonen
    10. Romain Grosjean

Force India
    11. Paul di Resta
    12. Nico Hulkenberg

Sauber
    14. Kamui Kobayashi
    15. Sergio Perez

Toro Rosso
    16. Daniel Ricciardo
    17. Jean-Eric Vergne

Williams
    18. Pastor Maldonado
    19. Bruno Senna

Caterham
    20. Heikki Kovalainen
    21. Vitaly Petrov

HRT
    Engines: Cosworth
    22. Narain Karthikeyan
    23. Pedro de la Rosa

Marussia
    Engines: Cosworth
    24. Timo Glock
    25. Charles Pic

2012 Standings
    Click here

2010 Onboard
    Nico Hulkenberg ( Williams - Crosworth )

• Like Like x 1
  2. It will be nice to see Bahrain back again. I actually enjoy the track, it has everything really, fast corners, slow corners, go kart complex, elevations, technical corners etc.

The desert background is a nice contrast to most other tracks as well.

• Like Like x 4
  3. and the new section is pretty cool..definetely like this track a whole lot

4. I wish that more people sow the track like you did and didn't call it boring straight away.

Heads up Ivan, they will be running the old section (the one on Scott's map).

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

New? Old?
    They race pre-2010 now.

6. i must ve missed that....so what are they using?..the older layout,excluding the new section(the one used in '10)?

7. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Passing the weekend without anykind of casualties is enough for this track. But a nice race would be an extra :)

8. The Grand Prix Circuit, which F1 used pre-2010 and 2012 onwards (2011 was set to use this circuit as well). In 2010 they ran the Endurance Circuit as a one-off for celebrating 60 seasons of F1.

Calling them the new and the old layouts in kind of redundant; they were built at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ok,thank you Michael for quickly pointing out my mistake...what i meant was that since it was introduced in 2010(that section there ,the one that was built at the same time as the other one,but was only used in 2010)i figured i can call it new,since it was never before used in F1GP's.

any particular name i can call this section,so that it doesnt appear redundant next time?

10. No problem, just that there's a lot of confusion over the Bahrain layouts. Officially, the circuit F1 used in all years but 2010 is called the Grand Prix Circuit. The extended layout in 2010 is called the Endurance Circuit (which Hülkenberg is driving on in the first post). I guess some people called the 2010 layout the new layout because they thought it was going to replace the previous one.

11. I used to call it the new layout. I thought it had just been built for the 2010 season.
    And when the drivers complained about the bumps i thought to myself what a shitty job they had done with the "new" layout.

To bad they don´t run that layout though. It´s fantastic.

12. Here is both layouts. it´s the go kart section we won´t see :(

[​IMG]

13. Sorry for being a post-whore here but looking at the sectors it seems like Sector 1 and 3 might play the Mercedes right in the hands.

Long nice straights with a few slow corners.

14. i hope you guys try to enjoy the race, i won't be watching it, Human rights and all :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Endurance Circuit from 2010: (You can see this layout existed a long time ago if you were to watch onboards from pre 2010)
    [​IMG]

My personal favourite, the Outer Circuit. If F1 were to race there, it would be 86 laps.
    [​IMG]

16. That last layout might just be one of the most boring layouts i´ve seen :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not any worse than Monza, or Singapore for that matter.

18. Not sure why there´s so much compaints about Monza, sure it has a lot of straights but lets not forget these corners,

Lesmo 1
    Lesmo 2

Vialone
    Ascari

Parabolica

All very nice corners. Singapore for me is the Asian Monaco, i love that track minus the chicane.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm not complaining about Monza, it's lovely. I just don't get why people are dissing this track as all its corners provide a challenge.

See it as me rather building up this circuit rather than breaking down Monza and Singapore. In my opinion it's no worse than either.

20. So three races and three different winners but there are still four world champions and Mark Webber out there. This year we can see very tight battle for the tittle with lots of different race winners :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.