2012 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Track
Circuit Name: Bahrain International Circuit
Number of Laps: 57
Circuit Length: 5.412 km
Race Distance: 308.238 km
Lap Record: 1:30.252 - M Schumacher (2004)

Bahrain-f1-756592.jpg

Time Table
Fri 20 April 2012
08:00 - 09:30 GMT Practice 1
12:00 - 13:30 GMT Practice 2

Sat 21 April 2012
09:00 - 10:00 GMT Practice 3
12:00 GMT Qualifying

Sun 22 April 2012
13:00 GMT Race

Teams & Drivers
Red Bull
Engines: Renault
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Mark Webber

McLaren
Engines: Mercedes
3. Jenson Button
4. Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari
Engines: Ferrari
5. Fernando Alonso
6. Felipe Massa

Mercedes
7. Michael Schumacher
8. Nico Rosberg

Lotus
9. Kimi Raikkonen
10. Romain Grosjean

Force India
11. Paul di Resta
12. Nico Hulkenberg

Sauber
14. Kamui Kobayashi
15. Sergio Perez

Toro Rosso
16. Daniel Ricciardo
17. Jean-Eric Vergne

Williams
18. Pastor Maldonado
19. Bruno Senna

Caterham
20. Heikki Kovalainen
21. Vitaly Petrov

HRT
Engines: Cosworth
22. Narain Karthikeyan
23. Pedro de la Rosa

Marussia
Engines: Cosworth
24. Timo Glock
25. Charles Pic

2012 Standings
Click here

2010 Onboard
Nico Hulkenberg ( Williams - Crosworth )

It will be nice to see Bahrain back again. I actually enjoy the track, it has everything really, fast corners, slow corners, go kart complex, elevations, technical corners etc.

The desert background is a nice contrast to most other tracks as well.
I wish that more people sow the track like you did and didn't call it boring straight away.

Heads up Ivan, they will be running the old section (the one on Scott's map).

i must ve missed that....so what are they using?..the older layout,excluding the new section(the one used in '10)?

The Grand Prix Circuit, which F1 used pre-2010 and 2012 onwards (2011 was set to use this circuit as well). In 2010 they ran the Endurance Circuit as a one-off for celebrating 60 seasons of F1.

Calling them the new and the old layouts in kind of redundant; they were built at the same time.

ok,thank you Michael for quickly pointing out my mistake...what i meant was that since it was introduced in 2010(that section there ,the one that was built at the same time as the other one,but was only used in 2010)i figured i can call it new,since it was never before used in F1GP's.

any particular name i can call this section,so that it doesnt appear redundant next time?

No problem, just that there's a lot of confusion over the Bahrain layouts. Officially, the circuit F1 used in all years but 2010 is called the Grand Prix Circuit. The extended layout in 2010 is called the Endurance Circuit (which Hülkenberg is driving on in the first post). I guess some people called the 2010 layout the new layout because they thought it was going to replace the previous one.

I used to call it the new layout. I thought it had just been built for the 2010 season.
And when the drivers complained about the bumps i thought to myself what a shitty job they had done with the "new" layout.

To bad they don´t run that layout though. It´s fantastic.

Endurance Circuit from 2010: (You can see this layout existed a long time ago if you were to watch onboards from pre 2010)
800pxbahraininternation.png

My personal favourite, the Outer Circuit. If F1 were to race there, it would be 86 laps.
800pxbahraininternation.png

Not sure why there´s so much compaints about Monza, sure it has a lot of straights but lets not forget these corners,

Lesmo 1
Lesmo 2

Vialone
Ascari

Parabolica

All very nice corners. Singapore for me is the Asian Monaco, i love that track minus the chicane.

I'm not complaining about Monza, it's lovely. I just don't get why people are dissing this track as all its corners provide a challenge.

See it as me rather building up this circuit rather than breaking down Monza and Singapore. In my opinion it's no worse than either.

So three races and three different winners but there are still four world champions and Mark Webber out there. This year we can see very tight battle for the tittle with lots of different race winners :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back