2012 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
AbuDhabiGrandPrix_zps9d1a527f.jpg

yas2012_zpsb9177c0d.jpg

Onboard:

2012adgpw_zps3d2319a4.jpg

Taken from the official F1 website. Time is local.

I'm actually looking forward to the YDT next week, more than the actual race :) I'm rooting for a couple of those guys and I really hope that they perform well and perhaps get a drive next season. It should be very interesting indeed..

I think this race will be the deciding race in regards to the championship. If it ends up being another Vettel/Alonso 1-2, Vettel will have a 20 point advantage heading to Austin and Alonso will then have a very slim chance of making it up if Vettel keeps up this form.

It's possible for Vettel to win the championship simply by winning the next two races. Of course, a lot can happen, but he is currently on a 4 race win streak at the moment.

I also think the two DRS zones might be counter-productive. If someone gets passed in the first zone, what's keeping them from regaining that position in the second zone which is right after?

Found some Interesting statstics From comments of F1 fanatic website

Some interesting trivia from there:
* Juan Manuel Fangio has never finished on a Grand Prix podium if he didn’t start from the first two rows.
* Alain Prost won 8 races starting from pos. 5, 6 or 7; he only won 2 races starting lower.
* Ayrton Senna only won 2 races starting lower than the second row, and finished on the podium only 6 times not starting in the top 6.
* Out of his many wins, Michael Schumacher won only 6 races starting lower than the second row, and finished on the podium only 9 times not starting in the top 6.
* Fernando Alonso won only 3 races starting outside the top 4.
*Of the 392 combined race wins of these drivers, only 41 (less than 1 in 9) were not won by starting in the top 4.
*Of the 193 combined race wins of the modern day drivers, only 18 (less than 1 in 10) were not won by starting in the top 4.
*Of the 795 combined podium finishes of these drivers, only 97 (less than 1 in 8 ) were not achieved by starting in the top 6.
*Of the 440 combined podium finishes of the modern day drivers, only 42 (less than 1 in 10) were not achieved by starting in the top 6.

Can't look beyond anyone than Vettel for this race. In top form at the moment and he has won this race both times, once from second behind Hamilton and the other from pole...beating Hamilton (if memory serves me correctly). I feel for Alonso as he has drove that Ferrari ragged when it clearly isn't the best car, I feel he deserves a third WDC too, but if it ends up being Vettel then I can't deny him of such an impressive achievement.

ATM the Mclaren seems quite strong and balanced but it is practice so I guess some teams are not showing what they are really capable of.
But this is a track were Vettel have won all the races he have finished in so he is definitely the strongest contender to win the race with a good car and 3/4 wins and only 1 DNF. But I expect Sauber, Williams and Force India to be very close and their will definitely be a great battle to watch there. :)

I hear the McLaren was faster than the Red Bulls in long pace. Ferrari also seems pretty good, if they can hold onto Vettel for the opening laps someones other than Vettel could have a shot at winning it.

From the recent Weekends it looks like Lewis really was on the Mission to develop a car for him at Mercedes.
Lewis walking towards other teams garages to learn what kind of new parts they are carrying and all those technical things. If Mercedes develops a great car with the Help of Lewis it will treat to watch for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes