2012 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have it all here -

A6zMLxCCUAE1YoD.jpg:large

That's the chance Alonso has to take.

How was Ferrari's race pace? In India they also struggled in Quali but Alonso was almost equal to RB in the race.
THey were liek almost a second off the pace, but their Race pace is always better.

what a strange affair ; the stewards agree that there was a genuine reason to switch off the engine so there is no penalty

however the scrutineers later find that there isn't enough fuel for a sample , so the back of the grid it is

logical explanation is that the engine fault caused an excessive fuel consumption.

^i guess...

But really, why can't redbull just admit it was their own fault and error, why is Horner goign off "oh they told us to turn off the engine" or "there was a fuel system error" just come out clean, we all know that after Spain Mclaren were man enough to admit they risked the bare minimum in fuel...why risk a few tenths? Vettel was good enough in the position he was....but w.e

Alonso has the holy grail of opportunity, he needs reliability, accidents and mistake free and fast decent pit stops and no Safety Car, if he is to jump Vettel in points.

Vettel is an overtaker, not the best, but he is known to have almost no patience (imo), so knowing the lack of overtaking (except for DRS) in this track his best bet is on a SC and pit stops.

btw Lewis saying that Seb is nowhere near the level of Alonso out of personal experience ar ethe smarter and best words to ever come out of his mouth.

Just heard about this. I completely agree with Diego that it is go time for Alonso and that Vettel is impatient overtaker.

By the way... I also heard that there was only 850ml left in the tank instead of a required 1 ltr. Source is in lithuanian so you won't understand it, but this is a fact. Anyway, who would have though of such happening... I'm speechless, but cannot wait for this race to start.

P.S. Not enough fuel - car approaches it's lightest weight and yet Vettel was only 3rd. Red Bull knew (it was obvious from the practice sessions) that they were not the fastest outright, but they were faster than Alonso (in every session in fact). Alonso is the only contender and championship rival. So why risk it so much? :O_o: Especially so late in the season. In my opinion that is just bad management (i don't know if "management" is the right word here, but I hope you get the point).

Wow, what a huge shake up for tomorrow then. I knew quali was going to be interesting from the start but I wasn't expecting this. Alonso has to capitalize on this opportunity to make up crucial ground if he wants a fighting chance heading into the last two races.

It will certainly be great to see how Vettel fights his way up the field tomorrow. Can't wait for the race!

Edit: The Ferrari has never had great qualifying pace. I think Alonso has only been on pole twice this year and both those times quali was in the rain. Race pace has always been better though. Hockenheim is a good example of this. Quali was in the rain and race was in the dry.

btw Lewis saying that Seb is nowhere near the level of Alonso out of personal experience ar ethe smarter and best words to ever come out of his mouth.

i think hamilton has made quite a few mistakes in the past. he is reasonably intelligent - you surely have to be to drive in f1 these day - telemetry, onboard gadgets etc but he;s often let his emotions take over. this season, in between the mistakes, he's tried to be more mature and succeeded more often than not. i think this has resulted in his best driving.

it's interesting, alonso has continued to make the fewest mistakes and he is a clever old fox (well not that old). hamilton on the other hand has been faster than everyone. his qualifying has been awesome and the team/car haven't always been that great for him. mclaren themselves have made mistakes. either of these guys deserves the title more than vettel. i like vettel and he's a very good driver but he's had the best car for 3-4 years now. hamilton should receive credit for trying to prove himself in a different team. it's something vettel should do if he wants to prove himself as one of the greats.

Hamilton was always special around this track, ever in 2009 he had pole while 2nd car was nowhere, so I have no doubt that he's going to walk it yesterday. The rest is difficult. Vettel starts from pitlane so he's out of equation, Webber is going to be in big trouble because mister Badguy is right behind and Williams have crazy top speed (15 kph faster than even McLaren). Alonso is big podium favorite, Ferrari have great race pace. Kimi have good chance but I think Lotus will screw something as usual.

Alonso can retake the championship lead by finishing third and having Vettel finish 10th or lower. If Alonso is third and Vettel ends up ninth, they would be tied. Agh, I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm just so excited lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%