2012 FIA World Endurance Championship

He's still not as bad as Nakajima, he only scored 9 points in his three seasons of racing (although only two of them were full seasons).

A better, contemporary, comparison would be Davidson, although Davidson had a far worse car than Nakajima. I still maintain that if Nakajima wasn't Japanese he wouldn't have gotten the seat.

He's still not as bad as Nakajima, he only scored 9 points in his three seasons of racing (although only two of them were full seasons).

A better, contemporary, comparison would be Davidson, although Davidson had a far worse car than Nakajima. I still maintain that if Nakajima wasn't Japanese he wouldn't have gotten the seat.
Nakajima never had a car capable of winning races. Herbert did as proven by Schumacher.

Then explain how he got the Williams seat, Williams is not japanese owned :)

Williams like big cheques, Nakajima had a big cheque.

Nakajima had a car capable of getting into the top 10, which he very very rarely managed. Herbert had a car capable of winning and won it.
Yea 3 wins in eleven years, highly impressive there!

They are both non-great F1 drivers but they are certainly good enough to win Le Mans.

In 95 schumacher won the world championship while Herbert ended up 4th.
He got beaten by Barrichello in 99 as well.
96 Heinz-Harald Frentzen beat him.

Same type of driver as Nakajima, not bad by any means but cannot cut it in F1.

Just because you doesn't do good in F1 it doesn't mean you won't do good everywhere else.
Just look at the top drivers in Le Mans you'll find plenty of 'bad' F1 drivers doing great,like Franck Montagny, Allan Mcnish, Ricardo Zonta, Marc Gené and so on...
Neither of them was running good in F1 but they were all signed by top teams in Le Mans.

Nakajima is useless, Money goes a long way in motorsports, in most top forms of motorsport, its not about ability as Petrov, Maldonado, Ide and Sato have all proved..... McNish has established himself as one of the top Proto Drivers in the world, will Nakajima do that, I highly doubt it.

What are all these guys doing now?

-Sakon Yamamoto
-Takuma Sato
-Yuji Ide - Super License revoked by FIA....
-Shinji Nakano - 24hr Results - DNF DNF DNF DNF 5th

What are they all doing now???

There is one success story,
Kamui Kobayashi

Can I see him in a P1 car? No.

Don't get me started on that cheat!

I don't hate Nakajima, I just think that for a factory team wanting to make an impression in the WEC he is a very poor driver choice.

I want Toyota to go well, and to make a decent impression in Sportscars, thats why I think putting a complete unknown in the form of Nakajima into the lead car (as we assume he will be) is a massive risk. It would be much better to have Davidson or one of the job-less Pug drivers take the 3rd seat and stick Nakajima in the second Toyota, that why they actually have a chance.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.