2012 FIA World Endurance Championship

Don't get me started on that cheat!

I don't hate Nakajima, I just think that for a factory team wanting to make an impression in the WEC he is a very poor driver choice.

I want Toyota to go well, and to make a decent impression in Sportscars, thats why I think putting a complete unknown in the form of Nakajima into the lead car (as we assume he will be) is a massive risk. It would be much better to have Davidson or one of the job-less Pug drivers take the 3rd seat and stick Nakajima in the second Toyota, that why they actually have a chance.

Are we looking into the future here now Richard? :)
Please don´t as it´s impossible to predict anything.

You can't argue that putting Davidson into the car, or any proven sportscar driver would be a far better move strategically. Putting a driver with no sportscar experience into the seat only because he's Toyota funded is inherently risky.

Although it would appear I'm not the only one looking into the future ;)

He´s a good driver though, maybe not top driver but for sure a top guy in Le Mans for next year.

I think he can hang with those two easily after some practice.

You can't argue that putting Davidson into the car, or any proven sportscar driver would be a far better move strategically. Putting a driver with no sportscar experience into the seat only because he's Toyota funded is inherently risky.
It´s not like trying to learn a bycicle. It´s a car, it takes a few laps until you got the car locked down and can work from there.
All the other drivers are also Toyota funded... Toyota hired all of them to run their car.

Although it would appear I'm not the only one looking into the future ;)
Atleast i give him the benefit of doubt unlike you who shoot him down for no reason ;)
He has shown he can jump into a car for the first time and do good for the first season against another P1 driver (GP2)

There is nothing that say that he would bin the car every race. Apart from weak attempts at discrediting him by showing him do a mistake in the pitlane in an F1 race which so many drivers have done.

It´s not like trying to learn a bycicle. It´s a car, it takes a few laps until you got the car locked down and can work from there.

So explain why the Kolles Audi R10's were so woeful at Le Mans in 2009 and 2010 when the car had been on the podium a year prior? If the cars were so easy to jump into and race then both the Kolles cars would have done really well wouldn't they? And if cars are so easy to drive, why was Nakajima unable to compete against Rosberg in the same car?

Nakajima can have a seat in the Toyota, thats fine, but he shouldn't be in the lead car.

So explain why the Kolles Audi R10's were so woeful at Le Mans in 2009 and 2010 when the car had been on the podium a year prior?
It was an old car. They ran the R15 from 2009 forward. And Peugeot got it´s act together and won 09. R15 won in 2010.
Other cars come into play, faster cars get built, if your stuck with an old machine then you probably won´t win any titles.

If the cars were so easy to jump into and race then both the Kolles cars would have done really well wouldn't they?
Again, it was an old car. New cars come around and are naturally quicker.

And if cars are so easy to drive, why was Nakajima unable to compete against Rosberg in the same car?
He did ok the first year, second year Rosberg did extremely well for the car he had.
Rosberg is one of the best drivers in the game today. That should be underlined by his performances in 2010/11.

BUT, that does not mean Nakajima is an awful driver in every car. He wasn´t a good F1 driver but just like so many other drivers they can find success in other branches of motorsport.
Like Anthony Davidson. Who got beaten by Takuma Sato in 07-08.

Nakajima can have a seat in the Toyota, thats fine, but he shouldn't be in the lead car.
Of course he can, that is Toyota´s decision :)
Well let´s agree to disagree then, it won´t get anywhere.

Just read some about the Toyota in the latest "Racecar Engineering Magazine"
I highly recommend reading that one, lots of nice information about the car.

Just read about the issue of having the KERS run at the front or rear. Apparently if you run it at the front you are not allowed to engage it under 120km/h.
They have two systems on the car, one front and one back for evaluation.
If they opt for front system it will damage aero slightly because the unit would need cooling.
Should be interesting to see which way they will go.

Suspension is F1-derived (push-rod) as with many things on the car, steering wheel is from their last F1 car that never ran.
Really it´s the same group of guys almost that built the Toyota F1 cars that are now responsible for this.

I think i might have to take back my thoughts on that i don´t think they will be competitive :)
This could be a killer!

Car is also built solely for Le Mans, they are japanese so you would think the driver sits on the right but because Le Mans has more right hand turns they put the driver on the left for more visibility.
KERS capacitors sits as a "passenger" next to the driver for optimal balance. weighs around 100-120kg.

Good thing though is that there is a minimum weight of 900kg, so the same for "regular" cars.

It has three modes apparently, A B C.

A is full power, allowing the car to easily drop into the 3:30´s on Le Mans.
C is saving mode
B is in between performance wise.

3:25.738 was Pole Position last year on Le Mans.

2012_02_16_dome_pescarolo_arrivee_DBC%20PESCA212_156.jpg

As previously announced, the Pescarolo Team has entered two cars for the next 24 Hours of Le Mans. The choice fell on two completely different cars; a Pescarolo 03, based on the late Aston Martin AMR1, and a closed prototype in association with Dome. Two drivers, Nicolas Minassian and Sebastien Bourdais, both former of Peugeot Sport, attended the unpacking of the car.

The Dome S102 was developed for the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2008 by the Japanese manufacturer that has devoted a large budget and a lot of time in design. Dome entered the prototype under its own name with a 100% Japanese crew, but although the white car showed its potential, the technical problems accumulated. Since 2008, the car has been on display in the lobby of Dome and Minoru Hayashi, the director, decided that the S 102 should be raced. Dome is a car manufacturer, it does not have a team that can operate the car, so he turned to Henri Pescarolo (see interview) and the Pescarolo Team.

The Japanese carmaker has (so far) no partnerships, having been burned in the past by financial disagreements. Dome decided to fully fund the program in 2012 with their own money and not seek any sponsors. Several practice sessions are scheduled so as not to repeat the mistakes of 2008 and two experienced drivers, both of whom have spent time before with the team of Henri Pescarolo, have already been announced: Nicolas Minassian and Sebastien Bourdais (in addition to his season in IndyCar). The third driver will be Japanese, as requested by Dome.

The Pescarolo Team took delivery of the car and parts yesterday at Le Mans. It should take the track next month before heading to Belgium for the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps and get back to his base for the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Source: lemans.org

2012-02-17-greaves.jpg

2012-02-17-ricardo.jpg

Winners of 24 Hours of Le Mans (LM P2) had shakedown Wednesday of the new Zytek-Nissan on the Silverstone Circuit

Tom Kimber-Smith had the privilege being first to test the new Zytek Z11SN with which Greaves Motorsport will participate in FIA World Endurance Championship ​​(including the 24 Hours of Le Mans) in LM P2. The British driver was content to verify proper operation of various mechanical and electrical before handing the wheel to Elton Julian and Ricardo Gonzalez. In total, more than fifty laps were made no trouble.

S-10.jpg

Strakka Racing gave its brand new P1 race car, the Honda Performance Development ARX-03a, its initial shakedown test at Snetterton today, with the early performance of the car exceeding the high expectations of all three team drivers, Nick Leventis, Danny Watts and Jonny Kane.

Sporting a stunning new blue and white livery, each driver did two stints in the 3.4-litre normally aspirated HPD V8 engined car, going through a detailed pre-planned systems check in preparation for the opening round of the 2012 FIA World Endurance Championship, the Sebring 12 Hours (17 March).

Jonny was given the honour of being the first to drive the car in the cold conditions, signalling a return to LMP1, after two years in LMP2, for the Silverstone-based team.

Hopefully Pescarolo won't run in financial troubles again, this project seems really interesting. The fact they'll be around with two completely different cars is quite remarkable, i´m curious how things will work out for them.

Wow that was more extreme then i thought, good find!

Kol, ok had no idea about that :) I guess it´s open goal for BMW then if they pursue it :)

The Mazda rx8 in grand am is a Riley chassis as well. The camaros are from Pratt & Miller (same group that did the GT2 Corvette). So I guess the Porsche is the only car that has a in house chassis, well Audi and Ferrari do but I doubt they will run the full season.

There is a rumor that Aston might have a gt car for grand am next year or maybe a dp car. Would love to hear a V12 in the dp cars.

How much backing is BMW giving RLL this year in the ALMS? They were untouchable last year and I wonder if it will happen again. I hope not! * cough* Corvette fan here *cough*

No idea, probably the same as last year but we'll see.
Should be so close next year!
BMW is proven to be quick over a lap, Ferrari is on their second year now with 458, Porsche brings a new car and Corvette seems to have made great strides in the handling of the car.

On paper this should be the best season :)

Pretty much nothing now, the RLL BMW's were so close to not even entering this season but they struck a late deal to run two cars for another year.

Thats kinda the feeling I was getting since they didn't enter for Le Man. Kinda stinks that BMW is shifting all resources to
DTM. If the Corvette team can't win the BMW was my next pick, can't stand the Porsches and Ferraris :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.