2012 Ferrari F12

Lets not go down that route...;)
Imperial system is stoooopid.
Discuss :p
trollolo.jpg

Also earlier today La Stampa reported that on Saturday the F2012 will receive it's first big aero update for Melbourne, named "Red".

The Ferrari F2012 can introduce new design for the pre-season training on Saturday (03). This is what the report said the Italian newspaper 'La Stampa', confirming through the driver Fernando Alonso, the Scuderia Red fireball will receive a new aerodynamic package, called 'RED'.

"We have improved, we have chosen the right path. Many parts, repairs and modifications were made by mechanics in F2012 as the project is so new that they at first did not know where to put your hands. Now I believe that on Saturday, the new F2012 will show its potential for the Australian Grand Prix, "said Alonso.

According to a report in Italian newspaper on Thursday and Friday, the Ferrari will be evaluating various technical solutions for the implementation of the 'RED'. The functioning of tires, the possible disposal of the steps in its beak, and height loss in the F2012 chassis have also been speculated by 'La Stampa'.

According to a report in Italian newspaper on Thursday and Friday, the Ferrari will be evaluating various technical solutions for the implementation of the 'RED'. The functioning of tires, the possible disposal of the steps in its beak, and height loss in the F2012 chassis have also been speculated by 'La Stampa'.

Hmm, it would seem that the design isn't working as well as they thought it would.

Seems they have several solutions for just about everything on the car. Exhaust blowing is another thing.

Seems like the car is more of a swizz knife then a butterknife with it´s relatively short operational window.
I´m sure that when they get the final package it will be Top 3 at the very least.

I think RBR and Mclaren will be the two main characters in the 2012 season. Ferrari jumping on the train when they getting to Europe again.

Some of the things Ferrari has done aero wise looks a bit iffy :)
It´s taken them days to move the exhaust bit by bit while other teams like RBR just pops out with a completely new setup that they know is 99% sure will work.

It looks like they have no idea what they are doing so they are just trying everything at the moment.
529946030.jpg

One thought around why this is, is that after 2010 ( a year the car was good aero wise and updates worked)
was that they upgraded their wind tunnel to 60%, this apparently caused massive problems, so they went to Toyota to borrow their´s.

Now they claim they have fixed that issue after re-building the windtunnel slightly. (i think)

I think the problem is correllation between real world/simulator/wind tunnel.

If they don´t work together it means everything you put on the car has to be tested in real life to confirm further.
And when it doesn´t work you have to change things in real life and do test after test until you find the sweet spot.

Time to destroy the old windtunnel and invest in a state of the art one like Sauber´s or Toyota´s.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.