2012 Ferrari F12

New brake ducts (or lack of)
Intake is between the tire and the flap.

ferrari_media_fbd.jpg

They've made this a completly diffrent car. Hope they keep on going upwards :D

I wonder if we see some more pull-rod front suspensions next year. It was critizied quite heavly at the beginning and listed fo as one of the main reasons for the bad performance.
But Ferrari seemd to have understanded how to set up the car and there seems to be no problem at all.

I am sorry but for some reason I can't create a new topic so I thought of posting this here.

Link to article: HERE

Ferrari chief Montezemolo speculates his team could pull out of Formula One!

(CNN) -- Ferrari chairman Luca Di Montezemolo has speculated that his famous marque could withdraw from Formula One and compete in other categories of motorsport.

Di Montezemolo is unhappy with technological changes in F1 which have shifted the emphasis away from traditional car and engine research and design to areas such as aerodynamics.

"If Formula 1 is not any more an extreme technology competition, where the technology can be transferred to the road car, maybe we can see Formula 1 without Ferrari," he told CNN in a wide-ranging interview.

"Even if F1 without Ferrari anymore is not F1. In this case -- in a theoretical case -- we will do something else," added Di Montezemolo.

"But we will never see Ferrari without competition and sporting challenges."

The 65-year-old Di Montezemolo also warned earlier this year in an interview with CNN that costs were an issue, "we are spending to much," he said.

He has not placed a time frame on any potential pull out, "it will depend on the rules" but is dismayed about rumors of electric cars being introduced into F1 because of environmental concerns.

"This is a joke because this is not Formula One," he said.

Di Montezemolo has been at the helm of Ferrari since 1991, presiding over their most successful period both in terms of racing, but also commercially, with the company reporting strong profits even in the economic downturn.

But with his business acumen, he has mixed feelings about proposals to float F1 on Asian stock markets.

"It means stability, it means mainly transparency in business, so I think this could be a good idea," he said.

"On the other hand, the importance of the teams is crucial because at the end of the day, we are the actors, we are the players, and without the players you don't have the game."

Ferrari go into the 13th round of the championship on their home track at Monza with Fernando Alonso leading the title race by 24 points, despite being caught up in the first corner carnage at Spa last Sunday.

But his number two Felipe Massa has struggled to make an impression and his future at Ferrari is in some doubt.

Di Montezemolo could give no guarantees about the team's driver line-up for next season.

"He (Massa) has to get good results, but Felipe has been and still is an important driver for Ferrari.

"We will see, but I think we have to look to the future and we need two very competitive drivers," he added.

Goodbye i say.. They threaten to leave every 5 years, put the same slogan "Ferrari is F1, F1 can't exist without Ferrari", get their own rules accepted by the FIA and force all team to work like they want to... I won't be missing such crybabies that have special privileges and authority over the governing body.. I love the Ferrari legend but they have threaten to leave so many times that it's time to call their bluff.

Well he has a point. Especially the no testing rule. Cosot more moneyto develop a small wing amd sometimes it doesnt work as expected during practice so is ditched, with testing they rested on track and tweak itbefore delivering to the gp.

Buuuuuuut is F1. So inwouldnt say theyare above the FIA, not now anymore.

He has some nice points but the favorite tactic has been exactly this: "Even if F1 without Ferrari anymore is not F1". I would say Ferrari is not Ferrari without F1, we don't actually need them. So good, leave, see if we care...

People forget the last time there was a threat, they had the majority of the teams backing them.

The reason new teams come into F1 is because one day they want to beat Ferrari, and even surpass them.
If Ferrari leaves you have Mclaren left as the only proper successful team (Williams was successfull and lives on it´s past)

How long do you think Mclaren will stick around? Not very long because if they win it there won´t be much of a status to do so.
If you beat Ferrari, the greatest F1 team ever, it suddenly means a whole lot more.

Imagine Ferrari and Mclaren being gone and RBR dominating by themselves against Saubers Force India´s etc.
the accomplishment would not be anywhere near that of what it is today.
And you would know the best teams are not in F1.

Ferrari can either create a breakaway series that is beneficial for the teams first and foremost and can create a sport that has more relevance to the cars they make.

Or they can simply go to Le Mans. Mclaren would probably very quickly follow suite and then you are left with a mediocer status.
Which will lead to even more teams leaving then you have nothing left of F1 and it will die.

Neither Ferrari nor Mclaren started in Formula 1. Ferrari for example has had great success in Le Mans and Mclaren in Can-Am.

The very reason why Ferrari gets more money then anyone else is because of what is stated above. F1 realizes that Ferrari is extremely important to them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%