1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2011 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Rob Butler, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First practice is at 0200GMT/0300BST and second is at 0600GMT/0700BST.

Come on Button!

2. I hope for a more action packed race without the DRS.

3. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Without DRS, what you mean?

4. Well I hope for some kind of fail with the DRS that will make it look like the worst idea FIA have ever thought of and at the same time we would see closer battles in the slower parts of the track.

5. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

I think DRS works well tho.

6. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

This ^^

Melbourne isn't a good track to judge the system, Sepang with its long straights will be a far better judgement of how it works.

7. Thue but what if a car flying off like Webber did in Valencia. TBH I am a big DRS hater, I want overtaking to be done in a heroec way not artificial.

8. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

But, in the last years you get like no overtakes without help. BTW, I thought you were doing STC mate. :tongue:

9. I was but waited for Steve to give me some setup adivde.

Anyhow, it is true but if you want more overtaking then find a way so that the slower teams can improve and close the gap to Red Bull so that there is a very little gap between Pole and last place driver. (Easier said then done but hey what can you expect from F1 if they allow team orders, that is also something that will give less overtaking too.)

10. Is the BBC going to have this live on iPlayer tonight?

11. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

"The BBC Sport website will carry live all BBC One, BBC Two and red button coverage of F1.
    There will be multiple live video streaming, which will mirror what is available on the red button.
    Video will be available in high quality, enabling viewers to watch on the internet near-television quality video."

BBC coverage details

MALAYSIA
    Sepang

Friday 8 April
    First practice: 0255-0435, BBC Red Button/online
    Second practice: 0655-0835, BBC Red Button/online

Saturday 9 April
    Third practice: 0555-0705, BBC Red Button/BBC Radio 5 live sports extra/online
    Qualifying: 0800-1030, BBC One/BBC Radio 5 live/online
    Qualifying repeat: 1300-1415, BBC One

Sunday 10 April
    Grand Prix live: 0800-1115, BBC One/BBC Radio 5 live/online
    F1 forum: 1115-1215, BBC Red Button/online
    Grand Prix repeat: 1300-1500, BBC One
    Highlights: 1900-2000 and 0230-0330, BBC Three

bbc.co.uk/f1

12. Thanks. I didn't have it set up to catch Australia live, didn't know if they streamed Practice. 4 hours to go :):):).

13. Not on "I player" as such but if you go to the sports page, then you'll see the link to watch it. Also it's on via the red button.

Mulder it's on bbc.co.uk for those inside the UK however.

14. Correction: For those in the UK or those in the US who fiddle with proxy settings... Not that I would know anything about that...

15. Sorry, somehow I must've missed the second page of this thread and ended up copying what was said by James. Mulder, when there is a will, someone will always have a way!

16. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

17. live on tv here :) viasat motor

18. What, Norway got Viasat Motor. O_O

19. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

It is a nordic channel ain't it? With "headquarter" in Sweden?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.