2011 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Massa! He was very fast today, going to make a podium and lost it because a tyre change...

DRS is cool if it works, but sucks if it fails when you need it. Still F.A. tried, that is good, and according to Hamilton was strategy and not the hit what made him fall in standings so no harm done.

Happy for Jenson, brilliant race, and for Heifield, bit he really needs to win one day...

P.S. Forgot to tell about Seb... perfect, as usual.

I thought that was a great race. Some real nice wheel to wheel racing, and I think the DRS is doing its job. It never was the case of "DRS activated, driver is passed." There still was skill needed to actually pass round turn 1 and 2.

On Lotus Renault. I love their car. Its been a Renault trait since 2005 that their traction out of a slow corner is amazing. I think that, if the Renault engine was a powerful as the Mercedes, then they would probably be nie on impossible to pass even with a DRS.

Then another good point was, Massa not allowing Alonso through. Massa WILL NOT just yield to Alonso, really hope Ferrari fix whatever is wrong with their high speed stability.

Van Halen's new lead singer:

220px-Vitaly_Petrov_2010_Malaysia.jpg

Jenson drove brilliantly today. Looked after his tyres well whereas Lewis struggled massively. Heidfeld made a great start but slipped back only to get lucky with Fernando driving into the back of Lewis and Lewis having his tyre issues. I felt sorry for Webber as he had to drive without KERS and was often trying to defend against cars with both KERS and DRS but he brought the car home well. But of course, Sebastian did everything perfectly and didn't really need to break a sweat.

I still think the DRS system makes the racing rather artificial and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. As does the KERS.

I enjoyed this race a lot! Great start and great pace by Renault drivers, happy to see both the team and Heidfeld on the podium again! Petrov was unlucky, he obviously had little grip in his tires left, but he could continue if it wasn't for that bump. OK, no problem as sometimes things like this happen. Alonso finished behind Massa and I'm happy to see that, even if it was only because of Alonso hitting Hamilton's rear tire. Button beaten Hamilton just as I thought before the race! + I think it'll be hard to catch Vettel this year! That guy is really in one piece! KERS, no KERS, he's fast!

wow really that was no collision that was overtaking...come on i remember when the great and legendary Senna put pressure on others and made some slight contact but he only once got a penalty for it...the FIA is filled with the crooked old faqt ppl and all the stewards are all crooked, even tho they are "WC" most of them sucked at driving anywayz and won their way through politics...yes talking to u HIll, Prost and Naggell or w.e u spell that scrubs' name,except for a couple. Alonso was prolly mad at the world and not necessarily at Massa. If he wanted to be mad it should b at his Team Principal...they have team orders available -.-' i hope they knew that but im glad tey didnt. As for Petrov a LOL at his poor driving skills...the scrub got bitten finally hahaha.

On final thoughts, well deserved podium finishes even tho im skeptical about the rb7, they gotta come up with more strict rules. but overall we saw bigger collisions between Webber, Kovalainen and Vettel last year and non got penalized...they were purely racing and made simple bad judgements and mistakes...Alonso and Lewis were fighting for position, isnt that what racing is all about? look back at all the great fights and overtakings in the past 2 decades, tell me if they should of been penalized even tho some of them ended up with a lil bump or DNF. The FIA really needs to revise their so called "rules" let them fight unless he just donts break and turn and collides towards him on purpose i can udnerstand that...but taking the real thrill of F1 of overtaking and fighting shouldnt go punished this way...shame on the FIA, shame on the stewards and if this trend goes on like this it will be the emd of F1 for me and i sure to many others...if Senna were still to be alive he would of simply said that was 2 great drivers fighting for position.

Petrov's mistake wasn't really a big mistake, Heidfeld left the track as well at some point, but there was no bump hidden in the grass like in Petrov's case. All drivers leave the track sometimes like that! Especially on worn tires. The penalty didn't cost Alonso anything at all btw, just Hamilton moved behind Kobayashi. And it was certainly causing collision, though it was worse for him! However I'm sure he did damage to Hamilton's rear right tire, no way there was no damage! So it probably took part in the fall back of Hamilton as well, even if the main problem was his strategy, maybe it made it even worse a bit.

Great race, enjoyed it all.. awesome start by the Renault's I'm loving the closely packed field from 2nd-8th throughout the race.. if Mercedez pull their act together the whole top 10 will be very close to eachother, Webber was awesome considering he has no KERS the whole race and no DRS for the last part. Great to see Hiedfeld proving he's still got it, and the Renault is a quick car.. dears knows where Kubica would have finished if Petrov and Heidfeld can get 3rd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 290 27.5%