2010 World Touring Car Championship

Silence before the storm maybe ?! :D

According to most latest news i could find, Lada's director told that they will be more consistent and strong in 2010 and they are proud of with their 2009 performance espicially with Thompson. And this new's date is 29 November. 2 months with silence is really strange.

• Wido Rossen

The start of the 2010 season in Brazil on the 5,6,7 of March.

curitiba.jpg

Track Facts:

LAP DISTANCE: 3,695 m
RACE DISTANCE: 2 x 14 laps

Records:

Qualifying - 1:24.196/157.98 kph, Yvan Muller (SEAT León Tdi), 7 Mar 2009

Race - 1:24.959/156.57 kph, Augusto Farfus (BMW 320si), 2 Mar 2008

Thats fantastic news! We saw him driving last year in Brands Hatch and he was so fast, but bad luck in both races got in his way! With a TDI i see him finishing really high in the championship!

Wasn't he a sim racer a few years ago?

Thats fantastic news! We saw him driving last year in Brands Hatch and he was so fast, but bad luck in both races got in his way! With a TDI i see him finishing really high in the championship!

Wasn't he a sim racer a few years ago?

Yes, as I know he used to race at gtr-masters.hu with GTR & GTR2, it was about 5-6 years ago. Then Zoltán Zengő asked Gabor Weber to find a fast driver. He called Norbi. :)
After this he won the national suzuki swift and renault clio cups, and finished P2 in his third year in Seat Leon Hungarian cup :)

Sergio Hernandez.jpg
Spanish driver Sergio Hernández will join Stefano D’Aste at Proteam Motorsport for the new season.
Hernández who spent the 2009 as factory driver at BMW Team Italy-Spain, claiming his first WTCC victory at Brno, returns to the Italian outfit for which he raced in 2007 and 2008.
During his second year with the team, Hernández managed to win the Yokohama Independents’ Trophy and together with D’Aste helped Proteam to win the Teams’ Trophy.

Source | fiawtcc.com

seatleontdi..jpgThe newly established SR-Sport, emanation of SUNRED Engineering Development, will field a very strong four-car team in the 2010 FIA WTCC.
Thanks to their strong ties with SEAT Sport, the Spanish outfit managed to put together a quartet of SEAT León TDI machines that will be entrusted to the capable hands of former SEAT Sport drivers: the reigning World Champion Gabriele Tarquini, the 2009 Independents’ Trophy winner Tom Coronel, Tiago Monteiro and Jordi Gené. Altogether they claimed 16 WTCC race wins so far.

Source | fiawtcc.com

wtcclogo..jpgThe full season entry list for the 2010 FIA World Touring Car Championship that will start on March 7[SUP]th[/SUP] at Curitiba, Brazil, was released today.
Twenty competitors are listed: drivers coming from fifteen countries at the wheel of cars built from three different manufacturers.
KSO’s reaction was of satisfaction, considering the difficult moment for motorsport in general and the fact that race-by-race entries are expected to expand the field during the season representing additional brands.

Click this link to download the full entry list (pdf)

They have died silently! Not really nice for their fans to not even issue a statement what so ever.

Edit: Hmm looking at the entry list i see the numbers 12,13,14 are still available. Maybe they join in later?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.