2009 World Touring Car Championship

Overall good calendar, not so many changes but Zolder and Portimao are good tracks and we can still hope for a race in Monza. Only two street circuits is also good for racing, I think.

Personally I like the date of the Oschersleben race because it fits well with my holidays from studies. Looks good for a whole weekend of WTCC for me :)

Yes, I realise that. Johan doesn't like Curitiba either... :wink2:

:D
Indeed. Except Interlagos Brazil does not have much choice.. Jacarepaguá is dead. Further it's small circuits with bad safety.

Instead of Brazil they should go to Argentina - Potrero de los Funes.
And Mexico should do Hermanos Rodríguez.

And why marrakech.. Please go to Kyalami in South Africa

Brno is boring imo. Zandvoort would be better :p

And they should add US round and an Eastern Europe one, but no Brno. Then Most would be better.. And I completely miss Northern Europe in the list. Mantorp should do well :p. And maybe an Aussie round.

So my list would be:
1. USA - Laguna Seca
2. Mexico - Hermanos Rodríguez
3. Argentina - Potrero de los Funes
4. South Africa - Kyalami
5. Spain - Jerez
6. Italy - Imola
7. Germany - Oschersleben
8. England - Brands Hatch
9. Belgium - Zolder
10. Sweden - Mantorp
11. Netherlands - Zandvoort
12. Portugal - Portimão
13. Czech Republic - Most
14. Japan - Okayama
15. Australia - Bathurst
16. Macau

That would be a real World Championship with good circuits :).

I would like to see the ETCC back instead of WTCC with tracks that most people can actually visit!

Puebla and Curitiba i dont care about and seeing the low audience there the locals arent exactly enthusiastic either. I never understood why eurosport wants to organize a worldchampionship.

legendary tracks like Spa, Zandvoort, Nurburgring GP, would be so much better!

If they would like to keep it WTCC instead of ETCC then at least get some better manufactures in the competition. (renault, nissan, toyota, honda, alfa, opel, vw, audi, etc etc etc) and make it a real WC

Code:
Gabriele Tarquini
115 pt.

Yvan Muller
113 pt.

Augusto Farfus
102 pt.

The ranking makes you wonder how Yvan Muller feels now his "team mates" let through Tarquini on the final lap of race 2! If Rydell and Co stayed on their gas Muller was now leading the championship again!

Actually i dont think its a good thing. What WTCC doesnt need is more of the same cars :(

I hope the KSO learned from last year when BMW said they would retire at the end of the season. BMW is still fighting B-Brands like Lada, Seat and Chevy. In my opinion there is something fundamentally wrong with the WTCC that scares of new brands from entering.

PSO and the Japanese brands spends millions of euro's elsewhere, why?

Actually i dont think its a good thing. What WTCC doesnt need is more of the same cars :(

I hope the KSO learned from last year when BMW said they would retire at the end of the season. BMW is still fighting B-Brands like Lada, Seat and Chevy. In my opinion there is something fundamentally wrong with the WTCC that scares of new brands from entering.

PSO and the Japanese brands spends millions of euro's elsewhere, why?
I meant in good to Seat and BMW being abolutely dominant in numbers.

For Japanese brands apparently JGTC is more appealing. Also i think the season is too short, and it has too less races in other parts than Europe. Furthermore some cars aren't sold in some parts of the world at all. That's why a WTCC is not proficient. I believe they'd better make:
ETCC
NATCC (north America)
SATCC (south America)
AfricaTCC
ASIAN TCC
ATCC (Australian and NZ)

All based on the same rules (S2000? S1600 with turbo? or whatever), and than one WTCC event with the 4 best cars of each championship.

Chevy wont have six cars i dont think because the only drivers names that have been floating around to join the current drivers were Yvan Muller (because of the lack of SEAT's) and Fabrizio Giovanardi :D

Also if you keep it the way I said it, also drivers with less money can join as they don't have to travel much.

And maybe someone with a Citroën C4 will join in ETCC.
I even believe ETCC would be able to get a field existing out of:
BMW 3-series
Opel Astra
Ford Focus
Peugeot 308
VW Scirocco/Golf
Volvo C30
Honda Civic/Accord?
Toyota Auris
Chevy Cruze
Seat Leon

Maybe not all factory supported, but smaller drivers could choose for these cars.

In the Dutch Toerwagen Diesel cup there's also several cars..
BMW 1-series
Volvo C30
Toyota Auris
Alfa 147
VW Golf
Seat Ibiza
etc
11okt09-649.jpg

Now we are talking! Thats a line up of good touring cars! The WTCC is pretty expensive for non factory driver with overseas trips to the west (beginning of the season) and east (at the end).

Even a well sponsored independents driver like Tom Coronel had a hard time financing his trips to Japan and Macau when his mainsponsor stopped after Oschersleben.

A new ETCC would lower the costs significantly without loosing too much exposure (Eurosport) and the option of adding more regional tracks where touring car racing is populair.

Lets hope for WTCC that BMW doesnt pull the plug otherwise they are doomed i fear.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%