2009 World Touring Car Championship

pity to see WTCC going down the drain, this is not Touring Car racing, it's rodeo. Witness the demise of racers like Priaulx and J.Müller, gentlemen both of 'em. Where are they? They get lost in utterly silly t1 bonanzas.
I think it's high time for FIA to clear up this mess by handing out much stricter penalties, otherwise what used to be the best series around will degenerate into a brawl and guys like me who want to watch decent competitive racing based on skill and tenacity, will switch to FIA GT or the new nifty IRC Rally series, which offer far better entertainment but are more difficult to catch on TV :(

not the best racing from serveral people. I like to see a bit of aggressive driving but guys need to keep it firm and fair. there were plenty of contact points that have to be avoided and a rolling start to keep it "safe" for the first race seriously needs reviewing.

SEAT were lucky with their two contenders getting away scot free in the first race but race 2 showed just how much torque they have to their advantage at this circuit. class driving from the two of them as they used the car to their advantage.

Bit of a shame BMW put all their eggs in one basket a bit too soon, was always a risk.

Lada... wow! Thomo is looking like he's getting the best out of that car and there's still more to come as they continue its development. VLagan, unlucky to be rolled out. just needed the other driver to think a little that the red one was only going to be moving 1 way out of that corner!

• Wido Rossen

Okayama host the WTCC on the 1th of November.

Okayama.jpg

Track Facts:
LAP DISTANCE: 3,703 m
RACE DISTANCE: 2 x 14 laps

Track Records:
Qualifying - 1:37.040/137.37 kph, Augusto Farfus (BMW 320si), 25 Oct 2008
Race - 1:48.767/122.56 kph, James Thompson (Honda Accord), 26 Oct 2008

7/3 Brazilië Curitiba:sleepin:
11/4 Mexico Puebla:no:
2/5 Marokko Marrakech:shut-mouth:
23/5 Italië unknown:confused:
20/6 België Zolder:smile-big:
4/7 Portugal Portimão:woop:
18/7 Groot-Brittannië Brands Hatch:bowl:
1/8 Tsjechië Brno:sleepin:
5/9 Duitsland Oschersleben:act-up:
19/9 Spanje Valencia:at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end:
31/10 Japan Okayama:eat:
21/11 Macau Macau:popcorn:

The smilies give my opinion about the tracks.
I understand they want to race in mexico and Brazil, but please take more exciting tracks..
Valencia is just plain boring and stupid..

Pau not on the calendar. Is this a punishment for the safety car incident?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 449 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.9%
Back