2009 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Adam Gleed

Voted yes. I have been looking for a good league for a long time.

Well this could be the introduction to RD leagues that i need and i can bring a 3 man team with me too, just need to give lee childs a nudge and get the other third signed up. Will be interesting to see how you guys go as we have been racing among ourselves for a few months and also be nice to get rid of the AI :)

Yep would love to give this a go! Got 'Race On' from my girlfriend and haven't raced online with it yet, and I absolutely love touring cars, of any sort! WTCC especially though. Hope this gets off the ground!

Depending on when and what day i will make it. Another thing i have a problem with skins (some reason my computer won't let me download it) can i be able to use a skin from the game since my computer will probably never wanna get a skin.

Dont use download accelerators (that was only cool in 1995) :)

The possible day will be a Saturday just like all other TCC leagues we did in the past. Backup day would a sunday.

RDTCC S4 - League Format

21918-rdtcc-s4-format-version-0-3-rdtcc.png

League: RaceDepartment Touring Car Championship
Season: 4 (2010)
Game(s) Required: RACE 07 + STCC The Game + RACE On Expansion packs or RACE On full version
Current Number of Divisions: 4 (maximum of 100 drivers)

Introduction

Welcome back to the backbone of RaceDepartment.com. Touring car racing is what brought us all together a few years ago in beginning of 2007 for the ancestor of what now is known as RaceDepartment.com. The RPMnet.org WTCC Tournament 2007 was the first massive league we organized and by many that have participated still considered as the most successful league ever, due to the original format and the participation of over 130 drivers!

Available Cars

• Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 2006
  • Alfa Romeo 156 2006
  • Alfa Romeo 156 2007
  • Audi A4 STCC
  • BMS Incognito STCC
  • BMW E46 320i 2006
  • BMW E46 320i 2007
  • BMW E90 320si 2006
  • BMW E90 320si 2007
  • BMW E90 320si 2008
  • Chevrolet Lacetti 2006
  • Chevrolet Lacetti 2007
  • Chevrolet Lacetti 2008
  • Honda Accord R 2006
  • Honda Accord R 2007
  • Honda Accord R 2008
  • Lada 110s 2008
  • Peugeot 308 STCC
  • Peugeot 407 2006
  • Seat Leon 2006
  • Seat Leon 2007
  • Seat Leon 2008 TFSI
  • Seat Leon 2008 TDI
  • Seat Toledo Cupra 2006
  • Volvo C30 STCC
  • Volvo S60 STCC
Calendar

There will be consecutive seasons in one calendar year. All feature a six race weekend championship on six sunday nights in a row.

Season 4 Track List:

Pre-Qualification Indianapolis - Tuesday February 16th - Sunday March 14th 2010
Round 1: Grand Prix of Portimao - Sunday April 11th 2010
Round 2: Grand Prix of Spa-Francorchamps - Sunday April 18th 2010
Round 3: Grand Prix of Birmingham - Sunday April 25th 2010
Round 4: Grand Prix of Donington Park - Sunday May 2nd 2010
Round 5: Grand Prix of Barcelona - Sunday May 9th 2010
Round 6: Grand Prix of Mid Ohio - Sunday May 16th 2010

Session Info

Practice: On race day the servers will be open all day to practice
Qualification: 18.15 GMT (30 minutes)
Warm-up: 18:45 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:00 GMT (double race distance with free pitstop strategy and manual rolling start)
Note: Summertime will be enabled during this league. Convert start times to your local timezone.

Independents and Teams

You can race this league as an independent driver or as a member of a team. If the latter your team cannot consist more than two drivers.

Entry deadline: Friday March 12th 2010, 18:00 GMT

(link removed as the signups are now closed 12.03.2010)

Liveries

Each car can have its own livery. If you cannot skin a car yourself we encourage you to find somebody who can. If that is not an option for you, you are allowed to drive with a default in game skin.

Livery deadline: Wednesday April 7th 2010, 18:00 GMT. Click here to read the skinning outlines!

Pre-Qualification, Promotion & Relegation

Every sim racer likes to drive against opponents that have the same level of skills, as some drivers have alien speed and other don't. Our league will be suitable for drivers of all levels so we can guarantee you the closest possible racing.
There isn't a simple way to determine the driving level of an individual racer. The easiest way for us is to organize a massive pre-qualification where the server will be open all day and every driver that has signed up for the league can drive log their fastest laps.
The 25 fastest drivers will be placed in the top group (Group A). The drivers 26 - 50 in the second group (Group B) etc etc.
This will determine the groups for the first race day.

After every race weekend the drivers that scored the lowest amount of points will relegate to a group one level lower for the next race. Example: numbers 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25 of each group will relegate.

Automatically the top 5 of each race weekend will be promoted one group up in level for the next race. Example numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 of each group will be promoted.

This means that before every race weekend the race staff will post a start grid on the forum that also includes the briefing of each race.

During the pre-qualification you can race with any car you like. The car you enter the first round of the RDTCC with stays your car for the rest of the season. There can be no discussions after the first round about car choice. Drivers that change a car after round 1 will be disqualified from the league.

Absense

This is the most important part of the league briefing you need to understand! If you are qualified to drive the in league we expect you to be present during all six races of the season. If you happen to miss out on an event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your licensed member status on RaceDeparment.

You can report absence until Friday prior to the race by writing a post via this link (link removed, absence period has closed). On Saturday the final line ups will be presented by a forum post in this section. No more absences are allowed after posting the final list.

Incidents

It may happen that rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation. The staff encourages this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers.

No report = no investigation = no penalty

A report can be sent to the staff by clicking this link It must always contain:

• Name of the league: RDTCC S4
  • The name of the reported driver (the violator)
  • A link to a youtube movie that shows the incident in various angles
  • A short description of the incident, without rant.

You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Report from outsider will be not be considered.
After sending the staff will then investigate the incident. Incomplete reports will not be considered.

Reports must be sent within 24 hours of the finish of the race. Reports that come in too late might not be considered.

General League Rules

All the general league rules are written down in a document for the 2010 league season. Click here to read it!

Attachments

• RDTCC.png
    RDTCC.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,992
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back