2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrari F2008

As first F1 team, the Scuderia Ferrari has shown it's car for the 2008 F1 Championship at the Ferrari Factory in Maranello.

The car has been adapted to fulfill on the 2008 regulations. The wheelbase is shortened to make the car better on curvy circuits. Also the F2008 has improved aerodynamica. Knowing that the gearbox has to last 4 weekends in the 2008 season, Ferrari has paid extra attention on the reliability of this vital part.

The new season will show if the FIA dug their own grave with these new regulations, as some experts has said. Together with the planned nightrace, the 2008 season will be an important season for the FIA.

Pictures can be viewed on Autojunk.nl.

Wow, can Logitech make this wheel please!!!!!

image_06.jpg

McLaren MP4-23

After the presentation of the new Ferrari F2008 on sunday, McLaren-Mercedes has presented their 2008 F1 car, the MP4-23, on Monday. The presentation took place in the Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart, Germany. the main goal for the MP4-23 is to get the driver's title back in this year's season.

The new McLaren has known some isseus, since the development was stopped many times during the trial of Ferrari. If they had continued developing, the team risked a disqualification.

The MP4-23 has, according to new FIA regulations, the same engine as last year: the Mercedes FO108V which weighs just 95kg. Starting this season, the fuel of the F1 cars needs to have 5,75% of Bio-products. On the outside, the new F1 car is mostly the same as his preceeder, the MP4-22. Again the car has many little wings to improve aerodynamic performance.

Pictures can be found here.

• Wido Rossen

Fisi confirmed at Force India

Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya has confirmed that Giancarlo Fisichella will be his team's number one driver this year.

Ahead of an official announcement in India later today, Mallya told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport that Fisichella will be joining Adrian Sutil, with Vitantonio Liuzzi as test driver.

"At the Barcelona and Jerez test we tried many drivers, and then we opted for Fisichella and Liuzzi," said Mallya. "Giancarlo, in particular, needs no introduction."

When asked whether Fisichella would be the number one driver, Mallya said: "Absolutely, yes. He has great experience and he will help Sutil improve."

Despite the signing of experienced drivers like Fisichella and Liuzzi, Mallya has said he is not getting carried away with his ambition for 2008.

"I've invested a lot of money to improve the car, but I need to be realistic. I can't make predictions. The objective is obviously to improve on what was done by Spyker last year.

"We must get some points. And most of all we must avoid finishing last at the end

i think Mclaren can still get Drivers and Constuctors even with the freeze of development due to the sheer size of their development department and the amount of hours these guys will put in to make it a Championship winning car:loco::der: :nod:

I'm going to cheer for Force India this year, if the colour scheme fits my needs :)

for Sutil it's good to have a older teammate, Giancarlo can teach him a lot things !!!

Goo Adrian !!!

Judging by the drivers this is my favourite team:

Fisi-fan since he drove in the ITC in 1996. This is his ultimate chance to prove he's not too old for F1, and I hope takes it.

Sutil-fan since last season, this guy is really fast, also taking some risks and amazing in difficult conditions.

Hope the car is good enough so they don't always start last row and can have good fights with SuperAguri and maybe Toro Rosso.

Sutil-fan since last season, this guy is really fast, also taking some risks and amazing in difficult conditions.

Can only agree with that, i think he will be a real topdriver soon, but i fear not in this team.

I read a lot of articles last weeks about Force India/Spyker team and the feeling that remains is that all the staffmembers are only in it to make profit. With that intention i fear they will never reach anything important!

• Wido Rossen

Redbull with new engine cover

The Red Bull Racing team started off the Barcelona test session with a radical new engine cover. The team promised some radical aerodynamic updates before the Australian GP and this new engine cover design is just the beginning. The Adrian Newey impact at Red Bull starts to show more and more.

All in all, the new RB4 was nothing spectacular at its launch as the aerodynamics were merely tweaks or copies of the RB3 packages. However, just like about every other team, aero updates will follow quickly and Red Bull have started early.

The new engine cover makes use of the maximum size limitations. It extends at the maximum car height from the airbox up until just above the rear wing.

red-bull-radical-engine-cover.jpg

red-bull-radical-engine-cover_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back