2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Gongongmesteren

I think McLaren will form a strong team with Heike been added to the drivers.

Bye bye Alonso :roll:

Yes! I think that too Bram!
McLaren Mercedes is a great Formula-1 team! Can you remember the very very good Danish Formula-1 driver: Jan Magnussen ? He was in the Stuart Ford team, but only for a short time... He got fired only because he did not win the world championship in his first season. McLaren is not like that! see how many years my favourite driver Mika Hakkinen was driving with McLaren, before he won his first world championship. I really hope that the great driver Heikki Kovalainen will feel home in the McLaren team!

• Gongongmesteren

Thank you for share with us Jari !
I did not even knew these videos, are available at YouTube!

• Wido Rossen

Fisi signs with Force India

According to automoto365.com, Giancarlo Fisichella has signed a contract with Force India. Fisichella, who did not receive a new contract at Renault, ended up in a shoot-out for the seat during the test-sesstion at Jerez earlier this month. It appears that the experienced Roman had the upper-hand over Ralf Schumacher, Christian Klien and Vitantonio Liuzzi. An official announcement by Force India is yet to be made.

I dont get Spyker/Force india.. Why not a talented Indian driver in the team... The country has great potential and i am sure it will be better to raise some funds if they have a native driver....

Personally i think Fisi is at the end of his F1 career. Maybe better to join the WTCC :)

Which indian driver is better than Fisi?

Karthikeyan? - He was beaten by Monteiro who was on one level with Albers ;)
Chandhok? - Maybe next year, but F1 would come too earky for him. Showed great potential in GP2, but no consistency. But the future speaks for him.

I like Fisi so I'm pleased he's with Force India, so he can do a good job and push for some unexpected results to be the old Fisi. Remember Brazil 2002!

Oh, and of course Fisi is a better choice than those Ex-RedBull rookies...

• Wido Rossen

Bram Hengeveld said:
Personally i think Fisi is at the end of his F1 career. Maybe better to join the WTCC :)

Yep , end of story.
I gues it will be like Bram said WTCC or DTM or that speedcar serie`s.

2008 World Championship Entry List

The FIA has released the official driver's list for the upcoming Formula 1 championship. The McLarens are driving the numbers 22/23 because of the disqualification in the 2007 Constructors Championship.

We have 3 rookies this year: Sebastien Bourdais, Timo Glock and Nelson Piquet Jr.

2008 FIA Formula 1 Championship Entry List
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro:
1. Kimi Raikkonen
2. Felipe Massa

BMW Sauber F1 Team:
3. Nick Heidfeld
4. Robert Kubica

ING Renault F1 Team:
5. Fernando Alonso
6. Nelson Piquet Jr

AT&T Williams:
7. Nico Rosberg
8. Kazuki Nakajima

Red Bull Racing:
9. David Coulthard
10. Mark Webber

Panasonic Toyota Racing:
11. Jarno Trulli
12. Timo Glock

Scuderia Toro Rosso:
14. Sebastien Bourdais
15. Sebastian Vettel

Honda Racing F1 Team:
16. Jenson Button
17. Rubens Barrichello

Super Aguri F1 Team:
18. Takuma Sato
19. Anthony Davidson

Force India Formula One Team:
20. Adrian Sutil
21. TBD - (Giancarlo Fissichella ???)

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes:
22. Lewis Hamilton
23. Heikki Kovalainen

Fisi: Might help developing the car and bringing consistency into the team. Klien may be faster for a quali lap, but not constant in a race, and will produce more crashes. Same type as Sutil. I think Fisi + Sutil is a quite good line up.

David: Proved last year he's not as fast as Webber, but still good and he definately knows the car. Last season for him?

But what I don't understand is why Honda hires Barrichello. He had a terrible season, and, in contrast to Button who could get at least some points, showed he already had his best times.

Also I think Piquet brings alot Brazilian sponsors to Renault...

It´s been a long time, since my last post here, lol

To be honest, Piquet jr is overrated in my opinion. He had no chance against Rosberg and Kova, as well as Hamilton.

Why should Honda not keep Barichello? In 2006, when the Honda worked, he had some pretty good races and qualifyings. He was able to beat Button in a few. He has experience and will give his feedback from the car.

I´m hoping for Kubica in 2008. I like him very much, he seems to be the bravest driver in the whole field. The cars have no TC any longer, which will help Kubica and is driving style, but I hope Bridgestone will also provide tires, which support his driving style. Christian Danner mentioned, that Kubica had to change his driving, because the tires didn´t work well with his aggressive style. Kubica gogogogo!!! Bridgestone please provide tires!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back