2007 World Touring Car Championship

Hello...!

It´s always hard to advance Tomo Coronel, he is very competitive, but I think Larini made a great advancement... and then goes and makes that silly mistake....!

Cheers,
BR

• Henrik Stoldt

Larini did some kamikaze action and forced Tom to open. Otherwise they both would've ended in the wall. But Larini got what he deserved a few corners later :). Menu was just lucky...

But man... without those actions this would be a VERY BORING race just as race 1 was..... :(

Take a look... you can see the action in the minute 2:08 secs... I think it´s a great movement, even if Coronel deserves a podium too....! As you can see Larini takes the position in a quite good and fair way, the Chevys where too strong in Oporto, and it was not easy to keep them behind.

I think the Kamikaze one was Robert Huff as you can see in the minute 1:55 secs.

Cheers,
BR

Rounds 13 & 14: Anderstorp

Volvo will make a one-off return to the World Touring Car Championship with their ethanol-fuelled Swedish Touring Car Championship S60 at Anderstorp later this month.
STCC factory Volvo driver Robert Dahlgren will drive the Polestar-run car, which will be the first alternative fuel machine to compete in the WTCC.

468d678f2c194.jpg

The series will run entirely on bio-fuel from 2009.
"This idea arose after WTCC declared its green agenda. Since environmental concern is a core value of Volvo, WTCC really hit our sweet-spot by giving a green light to alternative fuels," said Volvo's director of motorsport Derek Crabb.
"This is the main reason for our presence at Anderstorp - to show that we support this initiative. Therefore, we have asked not to race for points."
Alexander Murdzevski Schedvin, Volvo Sweden's motorsport boss, believes the team will prove that bio-fuels can be a competitive option alongside the traditionally-fuelled cars prior to the 2009 regulation change. Dahlgren has already won two races against petrol opposition in the STCC.
"All expertise said you would lose performance if you switched petrol for ethanol in the FIA Super 2000 regulations," he said.
"I am very happy we were able to prove otherwise and we hope this is just the start as was the case when Volvo, contrary to racing expertise of that time, pioneered catalytic converters in the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) in the early nineties."
Crabb feels that Polestar's main disadvantage will be their lack of knowledge of the WTCC's Yokohama control tyres, rather than their alternative fuel.
"From a pure racing perspective, we know that Polestar and Robert will be at a disadvantage using a type of a tyre of which they have very limited experience," he said.
"But this is not the main point for us. We wish to show that there is a more environmental friendly alternative available for WTCC today that is competitive."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60688

the right direction

brilliant, this definitely shows the way, as someone who uses public transport rather than the ol' mazda every day, i can only congratulate volvo on their approach.
however, if they all would simply do the race on rpm servers, there would be little pollution left, most of the people watching eurosport wouldn't know the difference anyway :)

• Wido Rossen

Freitas skips Anderstorp

FREITAS TO SKIP ANDERSTORP

Portuguese driver Miguel Freitas and the Racing for Belgium team will be forced to skip the next FIA WTCC race meeting in Anderstorp due to damage obtained in the second race at Porto.Freitas crashed dramatically at the paddock chicane during lap 6, while he was chasing Maurizio Ceresoli for fourth position in the Independents’ Trophy. His Alfa Romeo hit the tyre wall and then crashed into the armco barriers.

355552.jpg

The Portuguese youngster, who had shown consistent progress becoming a regular scorer in the Independents' Trophy, will rejoin the championship from the eighth event in Oschersleben, Germany, on August 25th and 26th.

Source fia wtcc

I think this already a really cool field with 6 manufacturers, you should tell the DTM officials about it!

I know in the national european series there are
Vauxhall Vectra (currently driving in BTCC with Giovanardi and Chilton, works cars)
Honda Civic (currently driving in BTCC with Neal and Shedden, semi-works cars)
Opel Astra (in PROCAR, Germany with Bastuck, in STCC with Rustad)
Peugeot 407 (STCC with Stureson, PTCC with Figuereido, DTC with Falch, Schlünssen, Pedersen and Kasper Jensen)
Peugeot 307 (DTC with Nielsen)
Toyota Corolla (PROCAR with Geipel and Stahl)
Mercedes C (yes, really, STCC with a private team)
BMW 120 Diesel (BTCC with Rick Kerry, very slow private team)

Hope some of them will show up later, but I fear no one will...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.