2007 World Touring Car Championship

• Wido Rossen

sorry guy`s , it`s not your fault that they hire idiots at eurosport.
Doens`t matter what country they are from.
Whe got someone here as well....Mr Bert Devies. and also on eurosport.

Ow well, he's less annoying than the guy that did the commentary on Pau. This guy at least know's whata car is.

It was a bit of a boring race after lap 1, to be honest... Ow well Brno is a BMW track, as stated before.

The swedish commentator Tony Ring did what he could with a race without any action beside the first corners crashes. Besides that extremely booring. I guess race 2, with the BMW's further back in the field at start, will be more interesting:rolleyes:

• Wido Rossen

Yeah me to.
At first a whas pist at Rangoni, but thats racing.
I only hope that Tom will stay out of trouble.
And i like to see Zanardi on the highest tred.

• Wido Rossen

Ow to bad for Alex.
He hat a great opertunety to win the 2th race.

• Wido Rossen

Rickard Rydell in 4th Chevrolet.

Chevrolet has anounced that they will start with a 4th Lacetti at the start of the WTCC race`s on Anderstorp ( 28 - 29 Juli ).
This Lacetti will be drivin by no one else than former WTCC driver Rikard Rydell.

Rydell.jpg

This will give the WTCC serie`s the change to present itself during it`s first WTCC ever on Anderstorp.
Rydell goes as one of the best touringcar drivers ever.
Ray Mallock is certain that Rydell will give battle at the front of the field.
Rickard himself is trilled to get to the start of is adventure.
Let`s hope it bring`s him what he and whe expect of him.

The 4th Lacetti on the start has been made possible by Eurosport.
Rickards chevrolet will be fitted with several camera`s witch will surely give a spectatcular viewing.

And maybey , who knows what come`s out of it.

Wondeful news !

Good to hear there is a Chevy more in Anderstorp. Maybe this will be a relaunch of Rydell in the WTCC :) If it's so, please in a Chevy. I like the mirrors :)

Love the mirrors on Rydell's car as shown on the picture. Its a big publicity stunt for both parties, but very well chosen!
He is a great driver and i hope he will get the chance to race the whole championship again

• Wido Rossen

Andy Priaulx get`s team mate

Fredrik Ekblom, current leader of the Swedish Touring Car Championship, will take part in three of the remaining rounds of the FIA WTCC: at Anderstorp, Monza and Macau.

ekblom.jpg

The 36-year-old Swede will team up with Andy Priaulx at BMW Team UK, which is familiar to him as he raced for Bart Mampaey’s RBM Team in the 2002 FIA European Touring Car Championship.

During that season Ekblom sported the colours of BMW Team Belgium on his BMW 320i, managing three podium appearances.

"We are pleased to have him back, supporting Andy Priaulx in the fight for the title. In the closing stages of the World Championship it is especially helpful for a team to have two cars on the starting grid," said Mampaey.

"I happy to join six WTCC races, the first two of which will be happening in my home country at Anderstorp," Ekblom said.

"I have never lost contact to RBM and I have followed the team's enormous success over the years with great enthusiasm. It is really impressive to see what Bart Mampaey has managed to build up with his crew and Andy Priaulx.

Ekblom is quite familiar with the BMW 320si that he will drive in WTCC, as he is racing it for Team WestCoast Racing in the Swedish Touring Car Championship.

• Wido Rossen

Sergio Hernandez back in the BMW

Sergio Hernandez is back in his Proteam Motorsport BMW beside Luca Rangoni.
After some disagreements with the team and missing Brno he is back for the rest of the season.
With that Davide Roda is again without a car in the WTCC.
Segio hat a disagreement with the Proteam mannagment due to some external reasons.
That seems to be solved and Hernadez is keen to get back at the wheel.

• Wido Rossen

Weight distribution for Anderstorp

A total of 15 drivers are on ballast, including newcomer Luís Pedro Magalhães.

60 kg Augusto Farfus and Jörg Müller

55 kg Andy Priaulx

50 kg Yvan Muller and Nicola Larini

35 kg Gabriele Tarquini

30 kg Félix Porteiro and James Thompson

20 kg Tiago Monteiro

10 kg Alessandro Zanardi, Alain Menu and Luís Pedro Magalhães

5 kg Luca Rangoni, Jordi Gené and Robert Huff

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No