2007 World Touring Car Championship

• Wido Rossen

If whe wait long enough all russians race cars will enter the WTCC...lol

The more cars are filling the field, the better races we will get I hope.
Always great to see new teams/manufactures coming into the races. Hoepfully this is a test for them so the join the '08 season :)

• Wido Rossen

Calender for 2008

The FIA has made the calender public for 2008....
And what is missing.........exactly....zandvoort :doh:

What are they thinking over there.

The FIA will putt two aditional race outside europe on the calender.

Datum Circuit
2 maart Curitiba
8 april Mexico City
18 mei Valencia
1 juni Pau
15 juni Brno
6 juli Estoril
27 juli Anderstorp
24 augustus Oschersleben
21 september Brands Hatch
5 oktober Monza
2 november Suzuka/Motegi
16 november Macau

Well, maybey Mexico will fail again.

WHY WHY WHY?? What is the reason...

Mexico city
http://www.autoracing1.com/images/Trackmaps/MexicoCity1A.jpg

Suzuka the F1 circuit?
c_suzuka.gif

Motegi? >> this one?
c_motegi.gif

The calender is not published on the WTCC site, so i suppose it's far from final, like last year.

The surprises on this calender are Mexico City (very nice track though) and Japan. Furthermore, Porto is missing too (Replaced by Estoril)

I think Zandvoort is not on the Calender, because other tracks are just willing to pay more money ( i think)

Seat runs Diesel at Anderstorp

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=261914

SEAT IN SWEDEN WITH TWO DIESEL CARS

SEAT will be the first Manufacturer to run diesel-powered cars in the FIA World Touring Car Championship.The Spanish company announced today that next week in Anderstorp Jordi Gene and Yvan Muller will drive two Leon TDI machines equipped with a 280 hp turbo-diesel engine.

This will be a milestone for both SEAT and the FIA as it is the first time diesel cars will line up at an FIA World Championship race.

SEAT Sport engineers have been working for the past few months to develop the engine and, after a long testing period, the project is now ready for its debut.

Jaime Puig, Director of SEAT Sport, explained: "The regulations allow us to register a car equipped with a diesel engine, and we were happy to rise to the challenge. We are satisfied with the testing results and believe the Leon TDI can become competitive in the mid and long term."

Benoît Bagur, SEAT Sport Chief Engineer, said: "Since the FIA made it possible to enter a diesel engine in the competition, we started looking into the viability of the project, and it took off a few months ago.

"The basis for the engine is the 170 hp 2.0 mounted on the Leon FR. We kept the engine block and the cylinder head of the production model, but changed the turbo charger and gearbox. Furthermore, we had to alter the front part to house the intercooler and create new air intakes.

"The diesel engine is 35 kilos heavier than the petrol engine, so we had to redistribute some weight. After satisfactory test results, we are eager to check its potential in actual racing conditions."

In line with the FIA Super 2000D regulations, the SEAT Leon TDI will be 30 kilos heavier than its petrol-powered sister car.

• Wido Rossen

whooow , i gotta see this.
In the seat cup endurance race they use diesels but there all diesel then.
Hope they have a smoke filter placed...

sound?

haha, wonder what the sound will be like, hope one can catch it on eurosport.

boy, with so many changes, simbin are going to work their swedish a... off to include them all in race07. there's bound to be either another postponement or a quick add-on.

I really hope that Opel will enter the WTCC with the Astra OPC. Although i know that General Motors is already in it with chevy it is a shame that the A-companies Volkswagen and Opel are not present in the WTCC due to Chevy (Opel) and Seat (VW)..
But very interesting to see those car entering the WTCC.

In my holidays i was wondering: why doesnt Mini Cooper enter with a car with 2 liter engine.. The cars seems very good for racing imo

I've heard the rumour that Opel might enter with the Vectra.

The Vectra is already proven from BTCC, they have a top team (VXR/Triple Eight) and a top driver (Giovanardi), and Chevy team chief Eric Neve already mentioned that two companies from GM are no problem.

I find it little dissappointing that Honda doesnt enter with the Civic Type-R like they do in the BTCC. Why the large and heavy Accord as they have "the driving bom" already

• Wido Rossen

predictions for Anderstorp

Predict the overall winner of Anderstorp.

Will the fast guy`s grap the victory ?
Will the lucky guy`s grap the victory ?
Will the diesel`s grap the victory ?
Will the outsiders grap the victory ?

Let us know who you tip to grap the victory !!!

My "overall" prediction is.

*1 - Alain Menu
*2 - Augusto Farfus
*3 - Jorg Muller

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%