Cars 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spyder

Small updates on the rear suspension control arms and brake. Will add the wheelhub and details and the brake caliper and that'll be it since these parts will be visible from the outside. Tubeframe next. Dashboard is in the works...

What I previously called Diff is actually a transaxle gearbox, thought so from the get go but let myself be distracted by what was called a 365/400 Diff only that the 365 GTB/4 did have a transaxle for weight distribution reasons. So I'll remodel the gearbox accordingly.

Accidentally used the Competizione exhaust in these shots :).

This is my most wanted Ferrari of the all, well since we already have the F40, and the one that I was most hoping to see on the list of Ferrari's that we will be able to vote on for inclusion into AC "Soon™". Even though I will still vote for it as official content, if given the choice, Kunos will have a hard time matching the detail that you are putting into yours. Great job so far!

Sometimes is easy to get carried away with details, but to me there's not much sense in detailing something that will only be visible to the maker, all those details on the suspension arms will be lost in game.

Sometimes is easy to get carried away with details, but to me there's not much sense in detailing something that will only be visible to the maker, all those details on the suspension arms will be lost in game.

Agreed in that there is no point in creating sth that won't be visible. That being said the car has quite a lot of roll and going slow in sharp turns or during load transition the wheel wells will get exposed a lot. Also the rear bumper cuts very high and the gearbox, exhaust system and lower control arms are visible. Having added the screws is overkill grant you that. Those and the bearings will get simplified/erased later on anyway.

Also this is my first car and I'm a pistonhead so I will spend some time on experimenting with various structural parts and suspension/drivetrain details even when they won't be visible.

Thanks for making sure I'm not going too far off track though! :)

Believe me, I know... I spent more than two months perfecting each vertex of my 1st car body.

It is just strange that you put a priority for mechanical parts which aren't going to be seen, but I understand if those parts are just simply more interesting for you.

The dashboard is something else! The parts all fit and I could connect the door panels, carpet, floor and center console perfectly but getting that shape right is taking a while. So in the meantime I finished the Borrani Wire Wheels and even found a cut through that shows the angles of the different wire sections. Wheels are 90%, still have to 'bend' the inner wire tips. Tire will come later.

Oh and those suspension parts...were from a 365 Ferrari but not a Daytona. I'll recycle the parts for the actual set up so no big loss :D.

Stance and overall shape are working I'd say.

Super rough and not finished yet but it took me quite some work to get to this point :). This has got to be one of he most convoluted dashboards ever made, how I love my E30 dashboard. Then again I've seen a lot more of those than that of a 365 Daytona - prolly costs as much as an entire Cecotto M3 :).

Slowly progressing. Thing I like about starting with a convertible is I'm forced to deal with the interior early on.

Last edited:
Looking good so far, quick progress in a short time! I know it's all WIP but still couple of things to point out:
- Lose the "ortho" views, full perspective shots for previews only, use real lens lenght like 35mm, 50mm up to 200mm if you want or more, but make sure the views have proper perspective on them.

- Avoid using black paint on body panels, it hides all the surface details and doesn't show any specular either, try to match it as close as it would look in game to get a better idea where it needs work or not, and so we can actually see the shape of the panels.

- Post wireframes, is the best way to give you proper feedback.

On the interior, you seemed to have jumped straight into the details but still the basic shape is off.
34840762015_b9416bb1a7_h.jpg

Not sure what you're using as trace images, but try to match it with real pics all the time, specially at this stage where you're defining basic shapes. Don't bother with gauges, knobs and small extrusions just yet, better get the large panels shape right then take it from there.

Just my two cents :D

Last edited:
Looking good so far, quick progress in a short time! I know it's all WIP but still couple of things to point out:
- Lose the "ortho" views, full perspective shots for previews only, use real lens lenght like 35mm, 50mm up to 200mm if you want or more, but make sure the views have proper perspective on them.

- Avoid using black paint on body panels, it hides all the surface details and doesn't show any specular either, try to match it as close as it would look in game to get a better idea where it needs work or not, and so we can actually see the shape of the panels.

- Post wireframes, is the best way to give you proper feedback.

On the interior, you seemed to have jumped straight into the details but still the basic shape is off.
View attachment 192597

Not sure what you're using as trace images, but try to match it with real pics all the time, specially at this stage where you're defining basic shapes. Don't bother with gauges, knobs and small extrusions just yet, better get the large panels shape right then take it from there.

Just my two cents :D

Copy that, will do!

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back