SimXperience Motion Sim Series Q+A Thread

Between Brian and Berney it seems I got my work cut out for me this year. Brian will help get me along for now but I gotta have a Stage V and the only way in hell I'm gonna get it (4 girls) is to #1 Plan an all girl trip and #2 Build a shed/mancave for it for what I have now is called a contraption so could only imagine what this thing would bring other than divorce.

Berney you guys are 5 1/2 hours from me,are we allowed to come over to the shop if we bring some cash? Just curious to see what all would be available.

Hi Randy. Sory for the delay. I had forgotten about this thread. You are always welcome to stop by and have a drive. Give us a call and someone can setup a time that works for you.

Upvote 0
Hi Berney,

Been leaving support questions on your website as well as facebook but now reply. I own a stage IV SimXperience running Sim Commander 3 with all the latest updates. The problem I have is in rFactor1 when doing enduros and we have driver changes, the sim stops responding as soon as I time out. Do you guys know of this problem and is it fixable?

Upvote 0
From their site:

Due to unforseen compatibility issues with our new shopping cart, the SimVibe launch will be postponed until 10/7. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience.

Can somebody explain to me what the SHOPPINGCART has todo with a FREE TO DL SOFTWARE, im not aware of that logic behind.

Upvote 0
SimXperience Simvibe is out now, total new level of vibration feedback...Awesome. Still experimenting all the possible variations for that personal touch..it's an absolute power house it its own right......well done SimXperience.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Ok, its working now, but seriously i know the mentioned it will be for free and its available for 79$ ??????????????:O_o:

Seriously i would never buy a soft for 79$ while there is another one called x-sim wich is free and do the same and also experienced for years with it.
Im am really not amused about that price,,,holyyy

Upvote 0
If you have already invested in the 2nd sound card, amp, base transducers etc, the 80 extra is nothing.

It is for sure, i got my shaking setup since 1 year now and run it exactly like they does but with a FREE software from X-sim wich is established since many years now. It does exactly the same, just some tweaks for your liking and you good to go. Its not if i Could spend the money its just its never worth 79$!

Its easy, get the same for either 0€ or 79$....easy decision. And NO the soft from them itself is exact the same X-sim soft offers for ages, the only difference is that you need to setup a bit more ion x-sim, thats it.

Sorry for my words, but im really annoyed about such behaviour, even more after they told me on their old site forums after beta will be a free version for non commercial.
I seriously skip that cause even if they got great products and sims, their pricings are way over the top compared to competetors.

Upvote 0
I gotta answer from them and i feel free to post it here:

Please feel free to use X-Sim although it has not 1/10th the
functionality, resolution, stability or support

Thats really a sort of offense against x-sim while not knowing what it can do if setup correctly, also offering me a free simvibe if i buy a motion rig for thousands of dollars is just tooo funny.

Again, if there is a demo for some hrs it would be ok and if its worth i go and pay 79$ but not in that way.

Upvote 0
For the record my 9 bass shakers prior to simvibe were as I thought giving me some unreal feedback....well now and still tweaking a bit am getting some serious feedback. Simvibe has just given my rig a new lease of life.

I found the vibration feedback is very immersive just on its own..that's crazy.

I have toned down some effects of the motion... the result....I feel much much more connected now.
My V8 supercar, as soon as I began to roll out of the garage I really felt the tar mac under me as if I could just lean out and touch it, the feeling was for me that close and it was instant. The bumps and cracks on the road surface you look at them as you approach...and as you drive over them you can literally feel them on the left and the right...perhaps to avoid them next time...oh man this is something special I tell you, and that wind noise effect..on a triple 46" setup doing 250 plus K's down the chase I can sense the heavyness of a ton of metal pushing itself through the air..no bedtime for me tonight I tell ya to much exploring to do.

Overall a more complete feel, direct and pronounced....effective immersion at it's best.
Not to mention the quantity of potential effects just to be explored is a career in itself.
Truly a Beautiful piece of software Berney, a task well done indeed.

Thanks again
Vito

AUDIO: Logitech Z5500 5.1
Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card specially tuned via equalizer, X-Fi Crystalizer, EAX effects and X-Fi 3D , using a mix and adjustment of levels through the equalizer I expanded particular sounds looking for depth.

VIBRATION: Through an Onboard 7.1 sound. Vaf Research (Adelaide) I installed 9 Bass 50w shakers coming from a 500w 5.1 amp, (air cooled) 4 shakers in total on the seat, 2 at the sides where your thighs are and 2 at the rear where your kidneys are (in series.) The other 4 on the floor pan, 2 infront of the pedals and 2 under your heels (in series). Number 9 is mounted directly of the shifter. 2 sub woofers 180watt in front and 100w at the rear . SimVibe software now runs it all.

image9aa.JPG

P1020842aa.JPG

P1020843aa.JPG

Upvote 0
Hi Paul,
Best bet would have been a good 12 months ago. I saw an add on a forum while searching for other things about 2 year ago. I asked a few friends at that time and thats when I learned about a major installation that went wrong. It was a theater that was going to implement or had implemented hundreds of them under the seats. AS it turned out this company went under and was never completed. Vaf if I understood was asked to remove all of them, hence I paid 10 bucks each..killer hey. Check them out buy more if you can at that price. I remember seeing a sticker on one only and it did say Aurua. Other than that not sure brand really, but they look the same as the 100 dollar ones, well internally anyway.

Since installing Simvibe no more sound comes thru only solid deep bass. Think I buy another 8 units and put them under our bed......whata ya think...LoL

cheers
Vito
ps: Hope all is well with you Paul, is that project we talked about, is still going ahead

Upvote 0
Cheers Vito..

I bought 2 Earthquake shakers but think I might need to invest in a couple more shakers to take advantage of this sim-vibe software, so will take a trip down to VAF.

Project is still pushing along, albeit a little slower than I would like - house reno's are killing me :)

Upvote 0
SimXperience Simvibe is out now, total new level of vibration feedback...Awesome. Still experimenting all the possible variations for that personal touch..it's an absolute power house it its own right......well done SimXperience.:thumbsup:
Hi Vito,Im going well with the setups etc on my Sim now,I think Ill add the Simvibe software and setup more Transducers,so are you still running your shakers through your original setup or all through the second sound card as well.? can you help me out with how youve setup yours.
Cheers Shane.

Upvote 0
With Pleasure m8. Yes my original setup has been totally coverted over to Simvibe and very easy at that, and yes they now run through my second onboard sound device.

Originally, the shakers are Y split from my main sound card to the 5.1 amp.

All you now need to do is simply remove the Y split and use the second sound card for the amp/shakers ect.

But let me know where are you at. do you have shakers already setup up and working..yes/no?
Do You have two sound cards in your comp at this point, It could be an on board sound device plus an independant one like I have ect.

a closeup shaker on the side of the seat
image15aa.JPG

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back