SimXperience Motion Sim Series Q+A Thread

I have to say thats the best looking rig I have seen soo far, please dont say your going to cover it up with some panaling or hide the mechanics of that wheel, it looks great open with everything on display.

Great work mate.
I agree,going to try and show as much as I can,Im just starting to fab the dash now so i need to keep this in mind.

Upvote 0
I agree,going to try and show as much as I can,Im just starting to fab the dash now so i need to keep this in mind.

Oh cool man, thats going to look the bees knees :cool:
I would be tempted to put the computer case on its side with a window just infront of the wheel machanics, an add a few white neon lights in the case, to show off the motherboard as well.
(hmm thinking about it, that could be going one step too far lol)

Upvote 0
Awesome build project for sure. I am going to order my stage four kit very soon. Apparently the triple screen frame soon to be available is designed for 40" (or 48" ) t.v. screens only. I wanted to use 30" computer monitors. The question I have is about pros and cons between t.v.s and specific computer monitors. Aren't monitors better suited for gaming because of their potential for higher resolution and quicker response (less ghosting)? Does size and immersion trump detail and eye candy? By having the monitors set up a bit closer wouldn't this negate the bigger t.v.s advantage? I do plan on having a high end computer with enough horsepower (pun) to run the monitors. Anybody, please help explain to me the pros and cons? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have 3 46" tv's at 1080p, xfire, eyefinity, if there is Lag as some say, I am not noticing it nor have they at any time giving me grief, both On an Off line. All my imputs, From keyboard to Motion total 9 usbs.

You can achieve higher rez with gaming monitors and quicker response time if those two aspects are important to you.
My decision was based on maximum immersion within my budget, peripheral vision for me was important, so I went for size which also gave me surround visual. My eyes are approx, 1300mm away to the centers of all 3 screens, I find this comfortable and hopefully safe.

Upvote 0
Hi George,

My angles started at 60 degrees, however I made my brackets so as they are adjustable as in they can swing. Once found my angle that was most immersive I fixed them in place, I found about 63 degrees was the go as it strightened the flow of images a bit more naturally.

I don't know if this helps, I placed a tape measure across the outside Tv's from edge to edge, meaning Left Tv across to the right Tv, this came to 2200mm, Taking into consideration, 46" Tvs with 40mm bezels that are overlapped.

Haven't got any stills as not found method to post pics. But my youtube will give a good result.

Upvote 0
Shane, beautiful rig. I finally just got Stage I up and running. Its been an adventure and I have to blame all issues I've had on Windows and our router.. Very first issue was getting all 3-32" screens the same size.. Finally figured it out as an over scan problem and worked thru that issue.. Second issue was our router only allowed some updates from windows to come thru. Not all, just some.. hmmm, which made it very difficult to pin down.. And then Internet Explorer wouldnt download Iracing with .exe extension so had to finally go thru Firefox.. And then while downloading Commander 2 ( a referral was returned from server) msg kept showing up. Finally figured that out to be UAC issue. Anyway, finally got seat moving this afternoon. Berney must think I'm crazy, but with all the research, I have learned alot about Win, 3 screen set up, Simxperience and new PC. guess its worked out for the best.. .. But anyway, its moving and its great.. Berney thanks for all your help and I'm sorry for being a pain...So hoping for many happy racing hours....
great company
great people
Bob

Upvote 0
Shane, beautiful rig. I finally just got Stage I up and running. Its been an adventure and I have to blame all issues I've had on Windows and our router.. Very first issue was getting all 3-32" screens the same size.. Finally figured it out as an over scan problem and worked thru that issue.. Second issue was our router only allowed some updates from windows to come thru. Not all, just some.. hmmm, which made it very difficult to pin down.. And then Internet Explorer wouldnt download Iracing with .exe extension so had to finally go thru Firefox.. And then while downloading Commander 2 ( a referral was returned from server) msg kept showing up. Finally figured that out to be UAC issue. Anyway, finally got seat moving this afternoon. Berney must think I'm crazy, but with all the research, I have learned alot about Win, 3 screen set up, Simxperience and new PC. guess its worked out for the best.. .. But anyway, its moving and its great.. Berney thanks for all your help and I'm sorry for being a pain...So hoping for many happy racing hours....
great company
great people
Bob

Well done Bob! Now that sounds like a massive hassle... I dont know if I could have done all that... Ha !
So your up and running now and I bet your on that seat every spare moment! Just like me when the family allows... ; )
It is the best addition to your sim racing ever is it not?
Look out for me on line and lets have a thrash!
Regards
George
ps Thanks Vito I am at 45 dergrees on mine. But I chose that myself without asking... silly rearly but there you go, not asking that it...

Upvote 0
Geo
Lol .. Sound like a complainer, dont I.. LOL It seems everything we tried to get thru led to another .. Ha ha But its all behind us and I learned and understand much more about my PC, the internet and Simxperience.. All for the best !!!!!..
I love the motion and jump on it every moment I can.. Its simply incredible.. Me Misses even wants to race it.. She's suggesting a 2 seater.. ....... for back seat driving , no doubt ;-) LOL
Bob

Upvote 0
So i did it. I bought the Stage IV from SimXperience.
What can i say... i love it.

Here´s a video of a test lap around the rFactor Nordschleife

Now i just need to figure out how to get the best out of the software.

I think another article from Berney on that subject would be really helpfull for me and many others.

Upvote 0
Well Done, It's built to last as you can see an feel. That's a nice Video too..lol...gimmie some tips hey.

Not sure what you mean about "How to get the best out of the software"..Sim Commander2, is now designed with independent adjustments to each of the actuators...simply adjust to your personal tastes...by the looks of your video it seems right on the mark...your choice and mix of smoothness and intensity.

Upvote 0
Well, i used an existing profile and just modified it until i was happy with it.
But looking at different profiles i downloaded they seem to feature different options.
Some have the gear shake option, some dont...etc.
Would be great to have one profile that has everything in there, ready to be tweaked.

I am still trying to adjust some things, like the roll effect when driving on a curb with 2 tyres (doesnt seem to happen that much atm).
Or driving through the Karussell on Nordschleife i would have expected more roll as well.

I would also like to have a better understanding how to change the treshold for single effects.
I dont think i should feel every small road bump coming from the terrain (tdf) file for example (of course depending on the car)

Upvote 0
Recently picked up a Stage I Simxperience kit after over a year of procrastination and have just assembled it. The quality of the parts exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to get it running. I just need to put together the front-end for my wheel/pedals/monitors... I had a few questions:

- I use iRacing exclusively and I imagine the laser-scanned tracks really pay off when using a seat-moving cockpit which can move fast enough to translate the texture of the track surface etc. I'm curious to hear how such cockpits feel in non-laser-scanned-track sims, such as rFactor etc? From the videos I've seen, it looks like the movements are a lot smoother (i.e. the tracks don't contain information on the details of the track surface).

- What is the width of the "footprint" of the traction-loss setup for Simxperience? In other words, how much more width would I need around the 2DOF frame to accommodate the 3rd DOF if I was to upgrade in the future?

- I see a lot of people talking about downloading new profiles for certain sim-car combinations - is this all done within the SimCommander software or do you have to download them separately and install them etc.?

- If you want to deactivate the motion temporarily, is there a setting for this in the software, such that the actuators will hold you in the middle/resting position?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Some rF tracks make great use of tdf bumps, which feels quite nice ... *cough* Targa Florio *cough*

You download profiles separatly and import them into the software.
An older version of the sim commander had the option to directly download profiles, but since only a couple of guys where sharing them, that feature didnt make it in the next version.
At least that´s how i understood it.

If you dont want motion, just dont start the game from within the software, but use your regular shortcuts.

Upvote 0
Well Ive had a bit of time to myself latley so Ive finished fabbing the dash (needs to be covered in Alcantera yet) fabbed up shifter mounts and the Triple monitor mounts,hopefully get it all back apart for powdercoat in the next couple of weeks,I really want to get this thing going before Xmas
DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg
DSC_0215.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back