F1 2012 Melbourne - Australia (Dry)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
@drKotasz, Nope, no 11-11 bug in this one, as Kyle said, my setup uses 1-1-9-8 for example, and it gave me a high 1:21. (BTW, I gotta give credit to Kyle, as my setup was inspired on his Melbourne 2,011 one ;D

Interested to know how you got 1:21 around there, and what your setup is. Might be better then mine.

I found your setup on the previous pages. I might have to try it out. When do you use KERS for your TT laps?

Car
mclaren

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 2/3
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11/3
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11/8

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11/9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11 /1

Gearbox
Gear 1: 130Kph
Gear 2: 159Kph
Gear 3: 186Kph
Gear 4: 215Kph
Gear 5: 243Kph
Gear 6: 284Kph
Gear 7: 321Kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: 3.50
Camber Rear: 1.50
Toe Front:0.05
Toe Rear: 0.20

Tyres
option/prime

Notes
my time is 1,22,9. could lower my time about 1 second if the car did not skid on the penultimate corner where I could save the car but wasting time.

Torro Rosso Career

Condition
Dry

Distance

25%
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Balance: F 45%
Pressure: High

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 4
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 123 kph / mph
Gear 2: 152 kph / mph
Gear 3: 181 kph / mph
Gear 4: 211 kph / mph
Gear 5 238 kph / mph
Gear 6: 278 kph / mph
Gear 7: 315 kph / mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix x

Alignment
Camber Front: 2.6
Camber Rear: .8
Toe Front: .15
Toe Rear: .15

Tyres
option Q time 1:28:4
Primes 1:29s+

Notes
No assists career mode. Not the best setup but its very reactive.

Interested to know how you got 1:21 around there, and what your setup is. Might be better then mine.

I found your setup on the previous pages. I might have to try it out. When do you use KERS for your TT laps?
My time is on PC, no assists, I use a bit out of turn 1, just maybe 10%, then the next boost is on the exit of turn 10 (as exiting correctly out of there is crucial IMO), around 30%, then another 10%-20% (hard to judge, a little bit) on the exit of 12 and the remainder on the start-finish straight ;).

And hey, great to have a chat with you bout this, you were my setup hero all through 2,011 xDD. Ahaha (hence why I tweaked the 2,011 setup :p, has the same balance, suspension and allignment) ^_^
And finally brake bias I don't use through here, takes away too much concentration for minimum benefit, if at all, as this is a kind of neutral circuit :p

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Balance: F 53% - R 47%
Brake Size: Large

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 76 mph
Gear 2: 92 mph
Gear 3: 109 mph
Gear 4: 128 mph
Gear 5: 146 mph
Gear 6: 169 mph
Gear 7: 201 mph

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.50

Notes

Time set: 1:22:995 - 20th on Xbox Leaderboard

Assists: Yes

This has never been one of my fave circuits ever, but playing on it today was quite the pleasure. I tried many different values after arriving at this setup, but always ended up reverting back to this.

It was then, as I was about to give up hope on improving, that I posted a time 4 tenths quicker then my last. I knew this setup could break me into the 1:22s and I was so happy to see the 1:22 appear on my screen when I crossed the line.

Used full 100% KERS off the last corner, then roughly 50% on the following straight. On the 1:22 lap I got a perfect exit out of the extremely annoying turns 11 and 12, and used the rest of my KERS down there. I think it can be improved, but not by much, i was very pleased with myself.

Leaving me feedback here, or on my profile is fine.
Gonna Try it out now Kyle

My time is on PC, no assists, I use a bit out of turn 1, just maybe 10%, then the next boost is on the exit of turn 10 (as exiting correctly out of there is crucial IMO), around 30%, then another 10%-20% (hard to judge, a little bit) on the exit of 12 and the remainder on the start-finish straight ;).

And hey, great to have a chat with you bout this, you were my setup hero all through 2,011 xDD. Ahaha (hence why I tweaked the 2,011 setup :p, has the same balance, suspension and allignment) ^_^
And finally brake bias I don't use through here, takes away too much concentration for minimum benefit, if at all, as this is a kind of neutral circuit :p

I just knocked off an incredible amount of time with your setup. Im going to change what I posted to match yours but with my gear ratios, and leave you credit. Simply amazing setup.

Changed my setup on page 5. Put me on 6th on Xbox leaderboard, could get into the top 3 if I could get every corner perfect. Want to move on now though to Malaysia.

My previous setup is better for those with assists, who have trouble keeping the car on track, whereas Manalys setup is one for those who don't mind retrying Time Trial dozens of times til they nail that perfect lap, whether you use assists or not, it works well.

Changed my setup on page 5. Put me on 6th on Xbox leaderboard, could get into the top 3 if I could get every corner perfect. Want to move on now though to Malaysia.

My previous setup is better for those with assists, who have trouble keeping the car on track, whereas Manalys setup is one for those who don't mind retrying Time Trial dozens of times til they nail that perfect lap, whether you use assists or not, it works well.
I'm sure you'd have gotten up there ^_^. I think I'm 2nd right now on PC haha, but I think, in this game, No assists is actually easier (I was an assists user in 2,011 :p) and maybe you could knock off 0,5s to match times! :D.

Looking forward to the Malaysian setup ;D.

Yes I think using no assists on 2012 is a much bigger advantage compared to previous games, due to the lack of grip off the racing line, and the unstable braking, it benefits the driver to be able to choose the right gear for the situation.

Malaysia setup is in the works. After seeing a front wing that was not 11, I have a different perspective on future setups now.

Car
mclaren

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 8
Rear Wing Angle: 5

Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox
Gear 1: 127Kph
Gear 2: 158Kph
Gear 3: 185Kph
Gear 4: 215Kph
Gear 5: 247Kph
Gear 6: 284Kph
Gear 7: 319Kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: 3.30
Camber Rear: 1.50
Toe Front:0.15
Toe Rear: 0.23

Tyres
option

Notes
S1: 28.054
S2: 23.013
S3: 23.841
Done with keyboard, but can be improved at least 1s

do these setups really change from car 2 car need setups for mercedes

Yes the setups change from car to car, but not much if both cars have more or less the same performance.

So a good mclaren setup should be ok in a ferrari with minor changes, but don´t try a mc laren setup in a htr that don´t have Kers or even a engine power to match a mclaren in top speed or even acceleration.

I was hoping to get a setup posted for Malaysia today, but after 3 hours trying over and over again with different setups, I was beginning to get frustrated. I just managed to pull off a 1:33:9 but I am sure there is more room for improvement. Might be posted tomorrow if I can nail down whats needed.

I can only do 1.24.200 with Manalys setup, but it's not that bad. But what about the career mode? I can't get below 1.27 no matter what, with the same setup, and that's on qualify. When the race beings i can only get around 1.30 against the computer that usually gets around 1.25 and 1.28.

What's the difference between that and the time trial times? Am i doing something wrong (obviously i am doing something wrong :p)

you win against your team mate guilherme? If yes by how much? 1s? 2s? (Legend AI).

If yes you have nothign wrong, just your team is weak. Maybe you can improve a little more but thats it.
If not you can improve somewhere.

You will never be able to beat a TT in career mode.

in TT you have new tyres, low fuel weight, rich mix and can use DRS like its a qualify.

In race you are full of fuel, changing the mix and your tyres is only new until your tyres get around 70%. After that you start to lose grip. (And no DRS anytime).

you win against your team mate guilherme? If yes by how much? 1s? 2s? (Legend AI).

If yes you have nothign wrong, just your team is weak. Maybe you can improve a little more but thats it.
If not you can improve somewhere.

You will never be able to beat a TT in career mode.

in TT you have new tyres, low fuel weight, rich mix and can use DRS like its a qualify.

In race you are full of fuel, changing the mix and your tyres is only new until your tyres get around 70%. After that you start to lose grip. (And no DRS anytime).
Yes i forgot about the DRS in TT.
I am beating my teammate but the difference isn't that great. My main concern is that i'm seeing the AI doing qualify times in the race, like i saw Jenson Button doing 1.25 in the race (he did the same at qualify) while i was doing 1.29~1.30 in the race (i did around 1.27 in the qualify session).
It get's to a point that i'm just slowing everyone behind me.

One more thing, what about the supersoft tyres? They will get enabled at some point in the career? Can't see them right now.

Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back