Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

lost another great racer in one week. so devastated. :(farewell superSIC, we will always miss you.and tell to Tomizawa that we miss him too at 250cc.Ciao SuperSIC.Race in Peace

A horrible tragedy. A very young and talented man. I feel for Rossi very much, they were very good friends and to involved just makes it that much worse for him. Love and wishes to his family friends and the moto gp family.

I was watching the Race yesterday and i couldn't believe it. I was waiting to see Marco standing up and getting out from the track. I didn't want to believe that he will probably diedThis is a very sad day for MotoGP, because he was one of the new promised talent that MotoGP had. All day it was coming in my mind the scene from the accident and I couldn't want to believe that this happen.Rest in PIECE Marco.......my prays to his family and friends.

horrific to watch, a sad loss for moto gp, and motorsport in whole.

With no disrespect to Dan Wheldon, It was more heart sinking to watch this accident, as he was motionless on the track, no car to hide him.

Bram Hengeveld;964300 said:
R.I.P. Super Sic :(Can somebody explain me how on earth its possible to lose a helmet during a crash?

no dis-respect intended again, but possibly all his big hair meant it wasn't sat properly on his head?

Also, although horribe to think of, if the front wheel of one of the other bikes went between the shoulder / helmet of him, it may have been enough force the helmet off, I expect it is this njury in particular (neck) which lead to the eventual unfortunate outcome.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back