Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

Marco Simoncelli is in a critical condition after being involved in a horrifying crash with Colin Edwards at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Marco went wide due to understeer and when coming back onto the racing line, the bike kept turning right instead of leaning back up and going straight. He then got hit by Colin Edwards who had nowhere to go. It appeared that Marco was hit in the back and head by Colin's bike. Marco was motionless and Colin was clutching his right shoulder.

The race was immediately red flagged and about 40 minutes later, the race was cancelled.

I wish you all the best Marco. My favourite Moto GP Rider.

No more news on his condition but I have found out that he actually lost control of the bike but instead of going forward into the gravel, the bike kept turnight right as the Handle Bar must of been skewed right.

He seemed to loose the front but then its regained traction and steered him straight into the path of Edwards and Rossi. They had nowhere to go. Didn't notice him when i was watching it but saw the helmet. Definitely knew that wasn't a good sign

Tragic loss of a future champion.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and the other competitors.

R.I.P Marco. This is a sad time for motorsport in general as now we have lost 2 of motorsport's biggest stars in the last week. I am in deep, deep shock, I and I'm sure many people are still getting over Dan Wheldon's Death.

Devastated
watched Marco rise up through the 125cc and 250cc catergorys. Similar crash to Tomizawa's last year, Seeing his helmet rolling along the floor was sicking and an instant give away that this would only end up as bad news.

Cannot believe it, Been a very bad week for motorsport indeed.

Race in peace Supersic, Thoughts to his family and friends

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back