Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

He had such an amazing future ahead of him, and added some spice to the racing it is a very sad time for the team, sport, fans and his family and i cant even begin to imagine how Rossi and Edwards must have felt when they looked back.

I think it's only disrespectful if people makes Ill humoured comments. Not the most graphic video out there 2bh
As racers this is just 1 way to respect our dead.
This is definately an unfortunate accident wrong place wrong time if it was later in the race he would have simply slid into the run-off area.
Have to give Rossi some credit for saving his bike that was some insane reflexes to keep himself up!

R.I.P. Super Sic :(Can somebody explain me how on earth its possible to lose a helmet during a crash?

Marco was by far my favourite rider in Moto GP. I got such a buzz watching him ride and muscle his way through the field. I really felt for him when he injured Pedrosa at Le Man's. He looked so gutted about it and I felt the stick he got from some of the other riders was a little unjustified although alot of it was probably just mindgames.I missed the race this morning and found out visiting my parents. I was totally devastated. I was out on my bike later that day and all I could think about was how gutting it will be to sit down at the next Moto GP race and not see him line up on the grid.He truly was a fantastic rider and always came across as a great guy. I hope his family and friends can find the strength to get through a very hard time for them. Valentino especially was always a great friend to him. Even when most of the riders were on his back Rossi was one of the only ones who stuck up for him and its tragic that it was him involved in the incident.I'll truly miss Marco and the shock still hasn't worn off yet. The sport just won't be the same to watch without him. Ciao Marco, R.I.P. my friend.

This is really bad news. It makes you wonder what is going on. Motorsports got their stuff together in recent years and these type of news has fortunately been rare. Unlike when I was a kid and it was almost a weekly ritual to mourn drivers and riders lost on track. I remember when Renzo Pasolini e Yarno Saarinen died in the same accident at Monza (It was Monza, right?). Both incredible talents. Addio Marco, eri uno dei migliori.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.1%