Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

You can seeby Edwards and Rossi's reaction the second they have crashed - they know it wasn't looking good, Edwards just stood there is disbelief for about 10 seconds before even moving, while SImoncelli just lay there.. shocking scenes :( R.I.P Marco!

For what it's worth I talked with Colin's dad after the incident and Colin told him that crash will haunt him forever for he knew long b4 the hit it was coming and the pause you talk about was shock for he knew by the sound of the hit what had just happened.

I personally don't truly think Rossi has recovered from that fateful day. Yes Ducati paid him a bucket of money and won't listen to him like Yamaha did (on how to build a winning motorcycle) but we know when we put that bucket on it could be the end. I had a similar incident when I was a kid with the same result and 30 or so years later it still and will always haunt me. So I foresee this possibly being his (Rossi's) final few years on 2 wheels and ask anyone who has ever met him he is one CLASS ACT on and off the track.

What I feel needs to be mentioned is what happened at the showing. It was cold and poured rain all day but yet over 13,000 people showed up including Mr Rossi. To me that says a lot for you fans across the pond.

Here in the USA if you win a lot your a good ole boy across the pond your God Like.

Marco was special I never met him but know many who have and was told like Rossi he was one crazy big kid who would give ya the shirt off his back unless the bucket was on his head and the flagman was waiving the green flag then may your god help ya.

He Will Be Missed

We miss you Marco, we really miss you :(

Marco_Simoncelli_2011.jpg

Last edited:

Α video of photos throughtout the career of one of my favourite riders and characters. He was one rider that I loved to watch, and watch him live passing away was one of my most difficult times. When making the video I caught a tear in my cheek. We miss you SuperSic...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back