Team ORSM

Hi EA

Although I can't be 100% sure (the other skinners may want to redo them), but I would be assuming all our back catalog of seasons will be on an as-is basis.

I can assure you, the skin painting is of the same high quality as 2010, but the hold up is also related to the models and making the cars equivalent (or as close to it) in their appearance. To be honest, 2006 skins were originally released as low res skins, with a HiRes Pack option, so you will notice the difference in the quality just on that alone..

2011 is the first planned update, then we start on the others.

Don't be surprised if several seasons hit the shelves at the one time too.

Bacon

I would like to see the 2006 skins completely rebuilt from scratch. We can do them better now. Changes to the old V8F tempates have enhanced the way the old models look, Any skin built with a 2006 V8F template wont have the same look as a 2010-2011 V8FU built template.

It means more work for us but if the demand for that season is great enough then I think the results will be worth the effort.

I notice the tires get really hot very quickly on sprint and enduro tires.

This is actually a good thing and how it should be. This means you have to drive within the tyres and not just what the car can do. Set up and driving style is the key to a fast and consistent lap time. You may think your slow compared to others but you'll finish when they want. This is how it is with real racing of any type. The lock ups, Side ways sliding, Pushing through the corner so your dozing the fronts is all now a no no. The key to driving a V8 it not to drive it like a F1. Square off the corners. Slow in and fast out. Straight line as much as you can but stay on the black stuff. Yes it's a hole new learning cure but if what I've heard about the tyre physics of rF2 you'll need to learn this style of driving as they will penalise you far more severalty then these are now.

Drive within the tyres.

A good idea is make sure the sounds are turned up to full. You'll be able to hear the pain your putting into the tyres. If you hear the tyres squealing through the corner your pushing to hard. Getting into the corner slower means you can turn in tighter so leave your turn late. Turn the car and as you hit the apex the car should be near straight for a faster corner exit. This is what squaring up the corner means. This will give you a extra 4 to 5 kmph by the end of the straights and this is were it counts on your lap times without screwing the tyres off the rims with under steer through the corners.

Cheers.

Is there a possibility to add in tyres to accomodate people who use keyboards? As it is those tyre temps are very harsh and yes realistic, but everyone I know is having the same issues, not all of us have permanent or easy setups to get wheels hooked up. Keyboard doesnt offer all the control wheels do as you guys know, perhaps a little love for kb users for when they cbf'd setting up their wheels? sorry if this has been mentioned or asked previously.

I can assure you, the skin painting is of the same high quality as 2010, but the hold up is also related to the models and making the cars equivalent (or as close to it) in their appearance. To be honest, 2006 skins were originally released as low res skins, with a HiRes Pack option, so you will notice the difference in the quality just on that alone..

2011 is the first planned update, then we start on the others.

Don't be surprised if several seasons hit the shelves at the one time too.

Bacon

Hey Bacon

Firstly thought id say how much fun this mod is =) thanks its been well worth the wait i must say

just wondering when the 2011 patch will be made available? or at least a progress on the skins/fg lods

and also when will the Templates be made available, I know I've managed to get a blank off the models (hope you dont mind, just a bit eager! haha)

Cheers H51
19-Mar-11-rFactorCentral-6652_GRAB_1323.JPG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back