Blast from past, a vhs tapes.
How to add videos:
- Play custom videos on tv
- Game and real clock on display (game clock is mess, so if it's not synced with any clock in game this is ok, not a bug)
- One video per vhs tape
- he man included
- Replaced tv table collider to mesh, so shelves works
Limitations and known bugs:
- Convert your videos to ogv format (using this: link)
- Put ogv files in \Mods\Assets\VHSPlayer\Videos
- One file will be one tape
- Load game and you will find tapes near tv.
- Due to old Unity version (5.0) there is no way to implement rewinding (like in cassette mod) if game (ever) will be updated for Unity 5.6 or later, this will change.
- Also in this Unity version (5.0) there is a bug, when loading video files, audio will not falloff so you will hear audio from movie everywhere (not a big bug, but a bug, fixable but fix is to load audio separately, too complex for simple mod)
- Game clock is a mess, every clock in game (on walls) are not synced with main clock or each other, VCR shows main clock, so when it is off few minutes than wall clock, it is ok, this is not a bug. Switch to real clock if you want.
- Remember that MSC is 32-bit application, don't load big video files (hundreds of MB or in GB), if MSC RAM usage go above 3GB game will crash.
- Don't turn on tv, or VHS audio will be mixed with TV audio.
MSCLoader 0.3.3 or later is required.
Like my work? If you want, you can support my work.
- Some animations
- Ability to change volume (maybe remote or something)
- VHS tape boxes
- If you have any ideas, please post