Blast from past, a vhs tapes.
View attachment 220728
Features:
  • Play custom videos on tv
  • Game and real clock on display
  • One video per vhs tape
  • he man included
How to add videos:
  • Convert your videos to ogv format (using this: link)
  • Put ogv files in \Mods\Assets\VHSPlayer\Videos
  • One file will be one tape
  • Load game and you will find tapes near tv.
Limitations and known...

Read more about this resource...

This is awesome, just the other day I was trying to place things in that shelf and thought that'd be an awesome spot for a VCR. Going to try a 90 minute movie I have converting now with Theora Converter. Is there a specific resolution the file should be or does it scale? Thanks!

(edit) I thought it was almost done, turns out it's going to be a while! Probably all day, what was the resolution I should export it as? 4:3 640x480? Going to stop it for now.

(edit2) Will probably mute the audio on the conversion if there's drop off with long video's and play it in the background. If there's an option to, briefly looking at it I think there was.

Last edited:
This is awesome, just the other day I was trying to place things in that shelf and thought that'd be an awesome spot for a VCR. Going to try a 90 minute movie I have converting now with Theora Converter. Is there a specific resolution the file should be or does it scale? Thanks!

(edit) I thought it was almost done, turns out it's going to be a while! Probably all day, what was the resolution I should export it as? 4:3 640x480? Going to stop it for now.
Resolution doesn't matter, it can be 4:3 or 16:9 it will be scaled to fit to screen.

for resolution I preffer 720p or less. 480p is optimal I think.
I was testing 1280x720 and video included in mod 640x480. Both was ok, but higher than 720p may be laggy.

Resolution doesn't matter, it can be 4:3 or 16:9 it will be scaled to fit to screen.

for resolution I preffer 720p or less. 480p is optimal I think.
I was testing 1280x720 and video included in mod 640x480. Both was ok, but higher than 720p may be laggy.
also doesn't matter

Size matter, remember that msc is 32bit application, don't load big video files (hundreds of MB or even GB) if MSC RAM usage go above 3GB game will just crash.

Great to know! Converting my movie at 4:3 640x480 with no sound. Going to take a little under 2 hours but worth it! I would definitely recommend the Theora Converter software for big files/movies. Seems like it does the job, least for .mp4. Thanks again, awesome mod!

Great to know! Converting my movie at 4:3 640x480 with no sound. Going to take a little under 2 hours but worth it! I would definitely recommend the Theora Converter software for big files/movies. Seems like it does the job, least for .mp4. Thanks again, awesome mod!

That's long time, this program probably use CPU to convert instead of GPU, on GPU it will be 2x faster.

It's got to be on gpu given that my cpu's only running at 20% max. Just activated my 3D clock, might go faster. Don't know, but it's probably slow because of my old hardware. i7 930 and an evga 560 se. If it's on cpu then it's not taking advantage of my cores. Oh well, estimated time is 38 minutes now. Will look into it next time I convert though, Thanks!

Would it be possible to add a pause function?
It should be.

My idea for the power cycle is find out how much power the tv draws and then use that as how much extra the vcr uses. that seems realistic and should be easy to find.
It may sound easy, but not in playmaker, in the entire TV gameobject didn't find any variable for power/electricity/consumption just find some nonsense (for me) variables like isOpen or time.

If this was a simple c# class with function it will be much easier, but this is playmaker hell.

There is only one way I see for now, add some value every some time to global variable kwh.
But is this real kwh value or some custom kwh-ish value, I don't know.
I'm afraid this is mess like main clock, hours in int, minutes in float, and hours are only even values so if you see 15:30 it is really 14:90 (wtf)

A może płyty CD? Czekam na to od dawna... Oczywiście donate poleci :D

Mod-Edit:
RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.

Translated via Google:
Or CDs? I've been waiting for this for a long time ... Of course donate

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back