Your favourite open wheeler

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,

Over at Presto we are struggling for attendance, this is due to a number of reasons one of which could be our choice of car (ASR F1 1992). We have our core group who love any type of open wheel car available in Rf2 but obviously some have their favourites.

We are trying to gauge what would be most popular for us in future, and if it would help us gain members by moving to a more popular car.

Everyone can vote, you can also say wether you'd be more likely to join Presto (or any league) if we/they used your favourite car.

EDIT: Preferrably modern open wheel

Last edited:
I'm new to rFactor 2, and I have only just discovered PrestoGP. I'll find the signup thread and try to join the next event. I'm struggling a bit with CPU performance, which seems to be worse with some mod content, and with large grids. Whether or not I'm a danger to others remains to be seen. I've only tried the Formula Renault 3.5 from the list above, and I think it's great.

the choices are in the poll and the open wheeler needs to be this side of WW2 :D we like to race fairly modern cars in Presto and even the ASR was something a bit diffrent and older for us, so even if you fav is the EVE or Spark then you must have a fav from the poll list?

anyhoo, from the choices in the poll please :)

Hi guys,

Over at Presto we are struggling for attendance, this is due to a number of reasons one of which could be our choice of car (ASR F1 1992). We have our core group who love any type of open wheel car available in Rf2 but obviously some have their favourites.
I really, really wanted to race the 1990s cars. I currently play a boardgame called Race Formula 90 that is based on the 90s decade. But I found the sound of the cars highly irritating (when I to drive these cars...with headphones, by the way...my dog will leave the room and go sleep elsewhere until I'm done).And I really don't care for the graphics work on the cars. That shouldn't matter, but when it comes time to choose a car to drive, I find I steer away from the 90s group and pick anything else.

I do love the Formula Renault 3.5 I think one issue for most drivers is that the car has a very wide FFB range. In slow corners you have little FFB (no aero) which you don't feel that good on normal wheels (G25/G27) and in the fast corners it has really strong FFB which is usually killed on a G25/G27 due to a higher FFB multiplier and therefore clipping.

A teammate of mine changed from a G27 to a CSW V2 in the middle of a FR3.5 season and he could finally "feel" what the car is doing. Before it was more try and error for him.

Once you have a good baseline setup the car is very enjoyable and good to drive at the limit.
Just a nice onboard save from last season: click (youtube)

Once you have a good baseline setup the car is very enjoyable and good to drive at the limit.
OK I will see that video and (purely in support of the FFB and steering feel of the FR 3.5 which I found to be ace in the CSW V2 / F1 wheel) raise you with this one.
I voted for the ASR 1992 but really like the FR 3.5 equally.

BTW Formula Sim Racing are testing a 2015 spec car.
Its interesting. 8 gears, fixed ratios, bit less grip than FISI, tons of torque. Something new and up to date.
It's available to download and test.
You might have to sign up and join the site thats all.
Its the 2016 beta car. There is a server open and you can test the various cockpits and internal/external sounds.

Hi guys,

We are trying to gauge what would be most popular for us in future, and if it would help us gain members by moving to a more popular car.

Everyone can vote, you can also say wether you'd be more likely to join Presto (or any league) if we/they used your favourite car.

EDIT: Preferrably modern open wheel

Id love to join. Where is the link to your league website?

yup, its always the same, loads sign up, do the first race then numbers dwindle to the point we ask ourselves is it worth racing, example is the last 2 races have had attendance of 10 or less, thats no good for any league :(
I think the problem nowdays is people like me work shifts, it's a shame we can't find a league where we can race once or twice a month or maybe sign up as wild card for league races to make your numbers up.

I voted for the FR 3.5 because it has everything. DW12, IMHO, is the obvious second choice.

Formula Two is under-rated, making a good choice for people who don't want to fiddle with setups. Especially under-rated for AI races as the AI drivers are matched extremely well with their real-life 2012 stats. It's in serious need of graphic update & new CPM tires.

It's interesting, though, that no one is voting for the Marussia and choose FISI over it. Is there a specific reason? Despite my lack of interest & skill in modern F1, I should drive them both to form my opinions.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.