Yenko Stinger

Cars Yenko Stinger 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Yenko Stinger - Corvair on performance enhancing drugs

Introduction
Once again I have the pleasure of presenting to the fine people of Race Department a racing automobile.

Don Yenko was a car racing man. This is his car racing car.
View attachment 554448
Okay, Say A Bit More
Don Yenko ran a Chevrolet dealership. It is there that he conceived and birthed the Yenko Stinger. Formerly known as a Chevrolet Corvair Corsa (until he scraped those badges off to save weight). Homologation special, letting Yenko supply drivers...

Read more about this resource...

This is the greatest day of my life.

Not for this guy.......

1648815689959.png

If this mod isnt first page material... come on RD columnists!

Lol, crazy how it pisses people off.
hmmmm, I wonder why people get annoyed when they download a mod only to find that it's a ridiculous joke disguised as something actually serious. Crazy, innit.

April fools day is stupid and people like myself with trust issues actually end up worse cause of the little things.

hmmmm, I wonder why people get annoyed when they download a mod only to find that it's a ridiculous joke disguised as something actually serious. Crazy, innit.

April fools day is stupid and people like myself with trust issues actually end up worse cause of the little things.
please take into consideration, this mod is actually a serious one. Under its unique layer, the physics research weren't messed about, so there's that.
I'll give you that the sound work may not be that serious, ok... i'll take that (as a compliment)

please take into consideration, this mod is actually a serious one. Under its unique layer, the physics research weren't messed about, so there's that.
I'll give you that the sound work may not be that serious, ok... i'll take that (as a compliment)
Not to discredit anyone's work, but IMO there's nothing serious about an elaborate prank.
Why go through all that effort when it could be put into something that doesn't look like a circus float on drugs?

I should add that I'm not as salty as I may appear to be. I'm genuinely intrigued as to what compels people to bamboozle others.

you think Stereo deleted
upload_01-jpg.554448

this one to make what you found in the download today?

Just giggle with the rest of us and wait a little.

Just 2 of you to be exact :D

Maybe avoid downloading mods or reading the news every April 1st

Last edited:
Not to discredit anyone's work, but IMO there's nothing serious about an elaborate prank.
Why go through all that effort when it could be put into something that doesn't look like a circus float on drugs?

I should add that I'm not as salty as I may appear to be. I'm genuinely intrigued as to what compels people to bamboozle others.

Reactions like this are a pretty significant draw.

Also, are you under the impression cars like this don't exist in the real world? :p

Personally, I don't mind joke mods; meme cars, meme tracks, meme skins; so long as they are upfront about what's being presented, I am fine with their existence.

I do have problems however when the joke mod in question is falsely advertised. Not to mention that I'm on the A.S. and I don't react well to unexpected changes.

Last edited:
I don't get why people are so upset about this. I downloaded it and was already curious how it would look. I mean, it's not the first time @Stereo has done a little April Fools prank. Everytime we had a serious , high quality mod car in the end, and a thing to have some fun with. (remember the safari porsche 912 or the GMC Van).
I think we all could need a good laugh in these times.
Thanks to all involved!
BipBipBipBipBipBipBipBipBipBipBipBipBipBipBip...

Last edited:
Had a good laugh yesterday... even more while a Caterham passed me... let's say i was surprised and amused. An awesome thing!

Stereo updated Yenko Stinger with a new update entry:

1.0 release, Stage 2 version

Now available in both 1966 Yenko Stinger form and 2001 Giant Head On A Corvair form. With distinct physics for each.

To avoid confusion the original mod's folder is the Giant Head, you could delete it anyway if you want to be certain. The new car is oneweek_yenko_stinger.

1966 tires are not sticky. Maybe build up to driving fast cause cornering speeds are not high.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Either my PC is drunk or you've uploaded the V0.9 version again.
The April fools version is brilliant but I didn't want 2 of them :p

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Forum trophies