XIV - Gaps and times  (archive)

Misc XIV - Gaps and times (archive) 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
XIV submitted a new resource:

XIV - Gaps - Opponent (ahead/behind) gap and evolution

What is it ?

It's a Simhub overlay that display the gap with your direct opponents (same car class) based on the leaderboard. It shows you the gap evolution over a lap too.

How to read it ?

The first car of the list, is your direct opponent ahead. The third car of the list is your direct opponent behind.

View attachment 428943

The purple lap time is your opponent best lap in session. The white one, is the...

Read more about this resource...

The timeline and the 3 markers are not working, any idea what is the underlying problem?
I love the overlay btw!

Did you copy the .js file ? Have you read all the description ?

By the way, the markers don't appear if you dont need to pit. I can't say more without your context.

Did you copy the .js file ? Have you read all the description ?

By the way, the markers don't appear if you dont need to pit. I can't say more without your context.
WHoops didn't copy a .js file

I thought those markers where to point out if you are catching or losing time against other drivers... What does it has to do with pitstops...?

XIV updated XIV - Gaps with a new update entry:

Dat and visualisation simplification

This updates focus on the more relevant and important data and removes what may cause saturation for the eyes.

The point of this overlay is to have a quick view of evolution and the current status. That what is displayed from now without the overflow of data from previous measurements.

What did change ?

The last number shows the current gap with your opponents.

The circles don't show sectors anymore. It's a stack first in first out that fills from the right : The last circle...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You can convert it easilly (More -> convert into dashboard). But wait next update comming this week-end, because it's actually pretty broken :/
I have tried to do that, but the UI needs to be moved around, rescaled for smaller screens (i.e.: iPhone, etc).
I have moved few elements around but I didn't manage to get the scaling to work properly.

Hi

How do you get it to display more than 18 drivers?

Can it be configured for 30?
You have to edit the overlay yourself, change de number of repetitions, adjust the UI and the frame size. There is no configuration out of the box.

Last edited:
Hello XIV,
I'll try this out, because it looks very usable. Thank you very much for putting your time and effort in !

Just one question, from your explanation of the tool, I do not understand the top picture, where it seems that the colours of the squares seem inverted compared to your explanation (and the other 2 pictures) !?

Hello,

First of all, consider using the last version findable here : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/xiv-overlays.49078/

My explanations are not correlated to the screen captures. And screen captures are not chronological. It's just a few examples to show dark/light green/red..

If you have more specific description of your misunderstanding, I can answer more specifically.
Hello XIV,

Thank you and yes, I was aware of a newer version at the time and did download that one.
It's not that I'm having any major issues using or even understanding your excellent tool !

I's just that I wanted to alert you that there might possibly be a minor error in one of the screen captures, which doesn't match with the accompanied explanation. (As a technical document writer in real life myself, I know there always things you just looked over and I always appreciate people making me aware of. (But that just might be professional deformation.;))

1687611844487.png

So that is the first screen capture at the top, where as I think the colours of the squares are inverted:
- XIV lost ~0.3 seconds in the last lap, compared to SSI, but the last square is green !?
- XIV compared to SMO might be right since both have 1:36.9.... for the last lap.
- XIV gained compared to TNE and SMI in the last lap, but those squares are red !?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back