Xe-DG2

With shortages driving both Nvidia and AMD cards to the insane pricing levels we are currently seeing, I will seriously take a look...if they're on par with even the RTX3070.
The way I see it... the GTX1080Ti I was using prior to the new card releases, offered great performance.
It just needed that little 'extra' bit of performance for WMR tasks, so anything slightly above should more than suffice.

• Deleted member 197115

They use the same silicon, and will be affected like all industry relying on computer chips today.

In a few week I'm receiving my new Dell XPS with i7 11th gen and XE onboard gpu. I'm very curious if the statements are true, that you can run GTA V high/ultra and still reach 60fps on it. Calculations are calculations so if the cooling is good, then we might have a new competitor on the graphics market. The more the merrier! Yes I would def consider Intel's XE.

In a few week I'm receiving my new Dell XPS with i7 11th gen and XE onboard gpu. I'm very curious if the statements are true, that you can run GTA V high/ultra and still reach 60fps on it. Calculations are calculations so if the cooling is good, then we might have a new competitor on the graphics market. The more the merrier! Yes I would def consider Intel's XE.
Its a few weeks later....
What are your feelings about the onboard XE?
Is it just me...or is anybody else anxiously looking forward to Intel's Xe-HP DG2?
I was really looking forward to owning AMD's 6800XT but now I could care less if I get one.
I am however, eagerly looking forward to what Intel has to offer in that GPU.
From all accounts...while it won't be as fast as AMD or indeed Nvidia, it supposedly will do hardware raytracing and a whole host of other things better than current offerings and with less overhead.
If that is indeed the case...and if it is offered in the sub $500 category, it will be the one to get.

Supposedly, the cards are closer to manufacture than first expressed...according to an article from PC Gamer.
They suggested the high-end skew is still being tested at a very conservative 1.8 GHz but expected to be clocked quite a bit higher in the final version.
The hardware acceleration looks very interesting as well.
Intel could really upset the apple cart (in the mid-range anyway) if all the information proves to be true.
I am curious to see what they release.
If it will do good WMR at a decent price for the top skew, I will be purchasing one...if it becomes readily available.
I've never had any issues with a sinle piece of Intel hardware in the past.

Things are starting to look really good for this card with it's upsampling features.
Looks like it will be ready for sale right at the beginning of 2022.
Hopefully by then, many folks wanting a new Nvidia or AMD graphics card will have one.
If that happens, then demand won't be so crazy and I may be able to pick one of these up.
I think it'll satisfy my VR requirements nicely.

Intel ARC Desktop GPU Rumors:​

3 for High-End & Entry-Level Gaming;​

Top Die Close To RTX 3070 Ti​

"Drivers are holding them back"

Last edited:
Intel Battlemage - tiled GPUs in multi-chip 3D module with CPU planned for 2023
"Meteor Lake is a brand new architecture that will enable tiled GPUs to be integrated on a 3D package.
This is super exciting, as this allows us to offer
discrete graphics class performance with the efficiency of integrated graphics"
intel_plans.jpg

Multiple GPUs bundled with Meteor Lake processor could seriously impact AMD, Nvidia discrete GPU sales...

Despite the delay, this is still the card I am most interested in.
Sure!... the Nvidia and AMD offerings will be much faster.
I think given the feature set of the top skew, it will fit my need nicely for WMR.
The fact it will be faster than my previous card by a considerable amount, is in itself enough to justify the purchase....if the pricing is in line with performance.
I don't stream or overclock, so I don't need all the fancy software.
A good basic driver will be sufficient.
While all card manufacturers (Intel included) are in business to make money for their shareholders, Nvidia and AMD customer loyalty has been nothing short of atrocious during this pandemic.
Sure!... Intel pre-pandemic had higher prices for their hardware versus the competition.
The consumer had choice and options to buy from them or their competition.
That is nothing compared to what those two engaged in once they found loyal customers had zero choice.
They...along with their AIBs squeezed folks due to shortages in supply.
That to me, is much worse.
I'll 'speak' with my wallet this time out.

nicely for WMR
My guess is that Intel ARC VR support will be non-existent to poor for awhile.
That guess is based on experience with early drivers for otherwise unrelated Intel hardware;
I would be well pleased to be proven wrong, since I sim in an HP Reverb except when debugging.

I fully expected this split once Vivian Lien's position was announced at Intel.

She knows the graphics business very well.
I believe a major shake-up in the graphics and supporting section is coming very soon.
Lisa Pearce may also see her role diminished.
It is not a bad thing to have a new set of eyes and a new perspective on the technical side of AXG.
Vivian brings a wealth of experience also.

Last edited:
The hardware itself is not bad with big grids.
I think with a bit of tweaking or some smart driver coder stepping in to take the reins, it could come together rather nicely.
Here is an offline race with twenty cars at Mugello in the wet.
Youtube compression aside.... there was no real hitching or stutter even when running in heavy rain and with lots of spray.
It was rather enjoyable despite being punted in the first lap by an AI car.
There is still on occasion (in rainy conditions only) some weirdness.
See the few black headlights displaying on cars following.
I am using Intel's latest beta driver, so it could be down to something in the way it executes.
https://www.racedepartment.com/media/2022-12-23-22-22-52.5077/

Last edited:
DG2...aka ARC....
This card has come quite a long way (driver-wise)...since release.
I have to admit... having purchased the card in December of 2022, I seem to have skirted the issues that plagued many.
It wasn't all smooth sailing but my few niggles were relegated to installation of drivers and one non-functioning title....Rfactor2.
It simply would not launch.
That was the case until the 101.4090 driver was released.
The earlier driver installer would also crash for me each and every time, while checking for hardware.
As for all other titles, I had zero issues....no stutter, no instability, no real game changing anomalies to speak of....(well there were one or two cars in AC with black headlights but only in rainy conditions).
The fix for the driver issue.... download the .exe version of the driver and then use 7-zip to extract it.
That gave me individual folders, which then allowed loading only the driver ...not ARC control.
I avoided the popups most complained of.
Today I loaded the newest 4644 driver and immediately saw a fps jump from 141 to 163 with no other changes.
The updated drivers are offering significant performance boost...best of all, there is no difference to the smoothness.
It'll be interesting to see start to finish improvement in ARC prior to Battlemage release.
So far I am quite impressed.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies