AC X-Bow, Lotus 2 Eleven @ Vallelunga - Wed 30th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the replay @Guus Verver! I watched some of your laps via the replay, but the replay is kinda stale. It doesnt have the sound of the tires to know if you are on the edge of grip or not. In the race replay and the video he showed, although I use the same lines there are some differences that probably account for most of the faster time.

1) Doesn't lock up the tires. One of these days I will learn how to properly threshold brake. Also I haven't learned to downshift properly. Guus seemed to hold his throttle blip a bit longer than I do.
2) There were many times in the video where I am sure he put the throttle down a lot earlier than I did, and when he did, he started to lose it, *but he caught the slide every time!*
3) The power drift around the hairpin was pretty good :)

When I am in a race situation, I find it hard to brake later. I get scared and lock the tires, and I am scared to get on the throttle early because I will lose the back end and not be able to control it.

Practice and experience :) I need lots of both!

Sorry to @Mathias André for sending you over to the stratosphere, but that's what happened from my point of view:

lag..?

Although we both had low pings, that was some bad teleporting there. Are you using a wifi connection?
Sorry I hadn't seen your message @Akis Kevrekidis, no worries :) I just saw the opposite and your car jumping back and forth 20 meters at the time in my rear view mirrors :)
I'm connected to my router through Ethernet as I don't trust my wifi, and the other cars looked fine. But passed the initial "what the hell just happened?" it was a fun race!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.8%