RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Dallas Willms

You've got to be kidding, the power is out again! The weather is way worse tonight then it was the other night to, so I bet this one stays for longer...

ARGH

(Posted from my phone btw, in case you were confused)

Okay, I hope I make this post in time!

here is the link to my new WIP skin.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=153

It's in the download section.

Thanks!

Tim

I can't download it for some reason?? Getting this message:

=====================================================
Eric Kaczmarek, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

• Dallas Willms

Race Report:
Qualified 2nd behind Ryan, but only because the fast guys were either in BMW's or gone.

Race 1: Turn 1 went alright for us it seemed, going into the hairpin I got shunted by the black Alfa and then I hit Marcel. Wasn't sure what to do or if I shoud slow and let him by because I got hit into him, so just kept going. My computer was having this STUPID error where it would freeze for a split second every 15 sec or so, so going into that last S bend of course it froze and I hit the curb (more like a wall) and it sent me flying. I recovered from being upside and splitterless to 7th

Race 2: Started P2, into turn one I got a bit wide and went into the dirt, putting me in about p7 I think. Kept going, and was following Yves when my computer did a freeze again, and him being in the BMW any tap sent him spinning. I tried slowing down but he got hammered into the tires by someone else.

Sorry Yves, that was my bad, should have really quit when my computer started freezing I guess.

It was even freezing in the replays, so either my computer doesn't like this track, or something is wrong with my GTR Evo. I don't remember it happening last night, but I could be wrong on that, I know I defragged my game files on Steam not long ago so it shouldn't be that.

• Matt Alpeter

For a first race, I'd say I was very pleased with the racing..lots of good racers here!

Was pretty surprised that I qualified 4th..and it seemed that every time I pulled out of the pits I was behind Yves lol.

First race started well, went 3 wide in T1 with Yves (go figure), then went off on T4 and dropped from 5th to 10th. Caught back up and had a great battle with William and got to see Dallas flying in the air lol. Got by William after 4 laps of battling, then was behind who else buy Yves...again. He went off and Corey and I set off to chase down splitter-less Ryan. Finished about a second and a half back in 3rd place.

Second race was over very fast. Had a little bump by Eric in T1 of lap one, but I got on the gas too hard afterward and ended my race in the wall there. Was pretty mad at first, but after viewing the replay, Eric's bump didn't put me in the wall, my lead foot did..should have saved it. Next time!

All in all it was a great first race with the club! Thanks to everyone, especially Yves for setting it up...and always being in front of me lol.

• Matt Alpeter

Dallas, in race one mine was freezing as well. Er..rather everyone else was freezing and I kept going. Probably a network issue on my part. Anyway, it would freeze for about a second then the cars would be put back in place. A few times William ended up 2in away from me after a freeze and it scared the hell out of me LOL

For a first race, I'd say I was very pleased with the racing..lots of good racers here!

Was pretty surprised that I qualified 4th..and it seemed that every time I pulled out of the pits I was behind Yves lol.

First race started well, went 3 wide in T1 with Yves (go figure), then went off on T4 and dropped from 5th to 10th. Caught back up and had a great battle with William and got to see Dallas flying in the air lol. Got by William after 4 laps of battling, then was behind who else buy Yves...again. He went off and Corey and I set off to chase down splitter-less Ryan. Finished about a second and a half back in 3rd place.

Second race was over very fast. Had a little bump by Eric in T1 of lap one, but I got on the gas too hard afterward and ended my race in the wall there. Was pretty mad at first, but after viewing the replay, Eric's bump didn't put me in the wall, my lead foot did..should have saved it. Next time!

All in all it was a great first race with the club! Thanks to everyone, especially Yves for setting it up...and always being in front of me lol.

Humm... Matt I saw you touch with Tim (I was behind). Then you ran off... I will watch the replay, but if it was me I am sorry.

Well that was enjoyable :)

In qualifying I got pole with a 1.20.077, but had a 1.19.7 in me. I did my first quali lap still with race fuel in lol (dumbass), but that would have still put me on pole with a 1.20.2, so I was very happy.

Race 1 - I got a slow start, changing into 2nd gear too early but managed to escape turn 1 unscathed despite the attentions of Marcel on my rear bumper :wink:. I got a big slide exiting the fast S bend but managed to hold it before Steve scared the life out of me by flying across the grass from the other side of the track and appearing in front of me lol. Then into the downhill hairpin I saw in my mirror Dallas' car slam into Marcel's, sending Marcel off. Turns out on the replay that Corey had slammed the back of Dallas and Dallas rebounded into Marcel. You should have waited for Marcel Corey! :nono: Anyway I got away, opening up around a 4 second gap to Dallas before he clipped the dastardly kerb in the final turn and launched into a bank, flipping him. I built a lead up to around 8 seconds going into the 9th lap. The tyre wear situation was horrendous and sure enough I stupidly outbraked myself into the uphill/downhill right hander, sliding into the tyres, knocking my splitter off and damaging my suspension. I just managed to rejoin in front of Corey and was able to pull away a little from him in the complex. However the fast turns were murder and Corey closed right in but thankfully never close enough to pass. I held on and took the win. Phewf!:bananamario:

Race 2 - Of course, starting 8th. I picked up a place off the grid from Corey and held him off around Turn 1. Matt tapped Eric which sent himself wide and into the barrier, ending his race and Dallas had also run wide on the exit of the corner, so I was up to 5th already :). I passed Marcel into the next corner for 4th and when Eric and Timothy both braked too late into the downhill hairpin, I set off in pursuit of Yves in 1st. I followed him for a little while, before closing on him into the uphill/downhill right hander and passing him on the exit of the next hairpin. However, he tapped me exiting the complex, sending me into a slide and breaking my suspension (this Vectra is fragile). Not his fault, different lines for RWD and FWD, he lost 2 places because of not taking advantage of hitting me.

Turn 1, next lap. I didn't compensate enough for the damage and slid gently wide out of the groove and onto the grass, narrowly avoiding the barrier. This sent me to 6th, rejoining behind Steve. As we exited the complex, I was right under the bootlid of Steve, and there seemed to be an incident in front involving Dallas and Yves. Dallas had spun Yves and was now waiting for him on the exit of the corner. However, Steve, as he was passing, nudged Yves into the tyres, ending his race, and I drove past all three of them into 3rd. Which is where I stayed. I closed on Corey rapidly but ran out of laps and couldn't make much of a dent into Marcel's lead anyway. Well done Marcel :)

Thanks to Yves and RD for this event :becky: :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back