Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WTCC 2017 RaceRoom Racing Experience.jpg

The 2017 FIA World Touring Car Championship pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been released.

Featuring all the cars of the current FIA World Touring Car Championship season, the new pack contains "brand new renditions of all the touringcars that battled across the globe during the 2017 TouringCar Championship, all in updated versions compared to 2016".

As is the case with the real world WTCC, the new pack features the Volvo S60 Polestar, Honda Civic, Chevrolet RML Cruze, Lada Vestra and the dominant Citroen C Elysee WTCC, all featuring the official drivers and paint schemes of the current racing season.

Sadly because of the lack of new entrants in the real life WTCC of 2017 this new pack will not offer any brand new car models over and above those available in the 2016 car pack. However Sector3 have made the appropriate visual tweaks to the upgraded machines and physics amendments and adjustments to reflect rate of development achieved since the TC1 regulated cars hit the circuit in 2016.

The new car pack can be purchased standalone, as individual cars or as part of the full WTCC package from 2013, 14, 15, 16 and 2017.

The 2017 WTCC pack contains 16 drivers across five manufacturers and retails for £6.96 before any additional discounts are applied.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Happy to see the 2017 WTCC pack added to R3E? Which car do you like best in the WTCC series sets? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Im glad we have another new set of cars in the game, but this series is quickly dying. I think we would be better off with the TCR series! Would be so much fun, and its popularity is increasing too.

I'm not here to moan, because Sector 3 have done an amazing job once more on all of their updates from May, and I look forward to trying out the new cars and track that have been released, but maybe for 2018, the ties with WTCC should be severed between the Sector 3 and the FIA WTCC, and maybe move onto something people would have a little bit more fun in.

Just my personal opinion, and I know there will be some who share my point of view and some who don't, so let's not get angry about it :p

Actually, most of the cars sounds have been overalled, especially externals ;)
And very nice they are to. :thumbsup:
I just want better damage modelling, wheels detaching, bonnets flipping up etc. And animated pitstops and I'll be very happy.
Oh and offline (not always connected) availability. Not much to ask eh? :whistling::)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.