RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

qualy*
found a old setup back from RDGTC wich gave my ol bimmer 2nd on the grid right after Bob ;D

race*
had a hmmm utterly bad start to much wheelspin but could clip up pretty fast at 2nd lap i was already on the hund of 2nd and 3rd
at the end of the lap i was already fighting for 3rd and chose the outside line at the border to 3rd sector wich gave me the inside line
at the next corner as the car inside came over to the outside as my car was already unsetteld of line i spun it ;(
then i got a bad hit on the rear wich cracked my axel only 3 wheels left :( sorry who ever hit me there coul not get away in time
so race over for me *note to my self never ever mess up a start*

drove the sunred now for the 2nd time in a race. And it will be the last time.

default setup wasnt working very well. And made a kind of setup myself. This time i had enough speed but lack of grip in the corners. Slow steering, and some understeer.

1st rounds there where some battles, but after that a lonely race and finished 9th.

Got a good start and pulled away and at lap 11 was around 17 seconds in front. Don`t know whether to pit for tyres or slow down and save the ones i had, but was losing concentration and making little mistakes so pitted to spice it up a bit. Came out in 3rd or 4th, but the fresh tyres made a huge difference and made up 23 seconds to Martin, who kept the same tyres, with 4 laps to go. Didn`t think i would make it as my screen froze on lap 16 and cost me 5 seconds, but in the end worn tyres were no match for fresh.

Nice try Martin, made it very interesting.

Thanks Yves and RD for a great race.

EDIT: Mosler is great with a gamepad.

Very enjoyable nights racing, had a good battle with Ross for 2nd for the first 10 or 12 laps until Ross pitted and I think Bob pitted at the same time so I had the lead but knew Bob was quick, at one time I thought I may be able to hang on to the lead but as Bob said worn tyres are no match for fresher tyres, thanks yves for setting this one up.

Good afternoon's racing, did not plan to attend, but major snow storm outside caused a change in plans. messed around with a few cars, finally settle on the mosler as it seemed fast and easy to drive with a game pad!

Qualified 4th, and finished 6th thanks to gentleman racers Stefan Bee and Gary Allen. Sorry, did not mean to hold you up Ross, knew you where coming... anyway, we got away with that little bump, and then thought it best to ease of till you where clear. Also had a good scrap with Freddie in the Sunred. Hats off the Bob Miley the Mosler Meister, good racing all

Thanks again Yves and RD

Sorry, did not mean to hold you up Ross, knew you where coming... anyway, we got away with that little bump, and then thought it best to ease of till you where clear. Also had a good scrap with Freddie in the Sunred. Hats off the Bob Miley the Mosler Meister, good racing all

Thanks again Yves and RD

Sorry about that, it was just a little tap but i really wasn't expecting you to hit the brakes so early! We kept it together anyway and maybe only lost 2s out of it, i guess the difference between fresh tyres and worn tyres contributed a lot to it.
Overall, good night's racing. I had a good start and got up to 2nd, with Martin follwoing at around 1s for 10 laps or so before an error by me reversed our positions. I pitted like Bob on lap 12 (?) took on fuel and changed front tyres only. I dropped back to 8th and had my work cut out to get back up to the podium. I enjoyed working my way up the leaderboard as everyone's tyres became worn and was chasing down 3rd place at the end, but ran out of laps!
Incidentally, i too use a gamepad, but the C6R was anything but easy to handle on this track!

Hey guys, honey doos and a business trip have me up against a wall.... i may not make this one. IF i don't make it, Yves, please accept my appoligy. I hate being a late minute scratch. Forgive me. I'll make the next one!!! Thanks again for your work on these club races. This new format is awesome.

Man was that demanding!

Q: I struggled big to get into the 42's and be near Yves fo ra long time. I readjust all my damper settings and BAM I am in the ball park. Q #2 out of 3 BTW running with 18 laps of fuel in a Q session cant help either! DUUUUUUUUUUH!

R1 I get the jump on Yves and have inside position going into T1. I brake early and let yves in rather then play chicken. We run nose to tail for a couple pf laps before Yves starts o extend. I make some small mistakes here and there and Yces ends up winning by 3.5 sec. Well done Yves a fun batt;e none the less.

R2 I get the Jump on Eric Estes and Yves to go to P1 right off and extend on Yves to about 3.5 seconds in 4 laps. I hit a braking zone as usual but this time the car is squirming all over and I go off giving P1 to Yves, Felt like unbled brakes IRL with the pressure jumping left/right/front back. Weird. Never does it again the whole damn race either......... I make a small mistake occaisionally and yves extends to 4.6. I hold the gap and cut into it a bit but run out of laps down 3.0. Well done again Yves!

So Yves goes Double for 20 points, I get 16 and Eric Estes gets 12 for apodium well deserved since he didn't crash the car.

And man it's no t easy at all to run here in all the bumps and undulations and not lose th car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next week we'll have something a little more suited to these cars. Faster and wide open for some serious GT FUN!

Thanks to Eric K for setting up the server and Yves for putting his final stamp on the Club USA scene for awhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back