Wreckfest | Update, Free Tracks, Stability Improvements And More!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new update for the popular Wreckfest game is here - and it's packed with goodies.
  • Update time - two new, free tracks
  • Stability improvements
  • AI now us DLC cars in game
Been a while since we had ourselves a good and sizeable update to Wreckfest, and for those of you itching to get out and do some smash and grab racing in new content, the wait is finally over folks! Yes, Wreckfest update time is upon us again, and the good people over at Bugbear Entertainment have been kind enough to bestow upon us not one, but two brand new tracks for players to enjoy - at the delightful price of zero pounds / euros / dollars or your currency of choice.

While free tracks are always a welcome inclusion for any game (unless the game is FIFA, in which case adding racing tracks would be weird), this new update to Wreckfest also includes a few useful and welcomed improvements and fixes to the game, including the very much needed update that lets AI drivers use the various DLC cars within the title - strange that wasn't in from the start, but hey ho.

Wreckfest Banger Bash 1.jpg

Banger Bash DLC
  • Three new DLC cars
  • A hearse...
  • A stock car...
  • The sweeper...
As well as the goodies and changes fresh from the wand waiving update gods, Bugbear Entertainment have also developed, tested and released a brand new DLC, aiming to both increase the content within the game, improve players enjoyment and bring in some money to the studio to feed those hungry mouths of the development team and their families.

Lucky for you, the new DLC looks like a rather tasty one, as it adds three new and quite unique cars to the game, and can be purchased individually for around £3.29 or comes as part of the DLC Season Pass for the game.

Wreckfest Banger Bash 2.jpg

Those of you with a fancy for reading developer change logs, this next bit is for you:

CONTENT
  • Added support for the new DLC: Banger Racing Pack.
  • Added two new tracks: Kingston Raceway (Oval and Figure 8 layouts) and Mudford Motorpark (Oval and Derby layouts).
SYSTEM
  • Fixed memory defragmentation issue with AMD display devices that caused severe slowdowns in multiplayer lobby especially on PC.
  • (PS4) Game no longer infrequently crashes after completing a weekly or monthly tournament challenge.
  • (XB1) Save data no longer gets unintendedly overwritten when switching accounts in certain edge cases.
  • (PC) Game now automatically detects input devices even when they're plugged in while the game is running.
  • (PC) Local backup system now correctly backs up previous save data whenever there's a title update.
  • (PC) There's now a 10 second cooldown before trying to match the cloud save data, eliminating bogus conflict messages.
  • (PC) The cloud conflict popup should no longer hide behind the game window.
GAMEPLAY
  • When selecting a vehicle, game now waits slightly longer before actually selecting the vehicle to prevent inadvertent loading from starting when browsing vehicles.
  • Score detection is now more robust, eliminating cases where the player receives no score even though they clearly hit an opponent with enough force.
  • Score is now received based on how much damage the player inflicts to the opponent and not plain momentum.
  • The car is now reset to a certain initial speed and first gear is automatically engaged also in the demolition derby events.
  • In custom events, it's now possible to choose "Same As Player" as the AI Player vehicle, making AI Players use the same vehicle as the player.
    This works even with tournament reward vehicles, making it possible to create for example an all DoomRig race.
  • AI now makes use of DLC vehicles in multiplayer, custom events and most career events.
  • AI now makes use of Gremlin also in Class A.
  • Panels are no longer getting permanently stuck on vehicles but are released correctly after the vehicle has deformed, preventing deform related glitches on panels.
  • Adjusted collision geometry of the concrete barriers to reduce glitching when hitting them especially in multiplayer.
    Note that the collisions are still not perfect but improved nonetheless.
  • Fixed roll cage weights for Grand Duke, Wildking and Little Thrasher.
  • Reduced DoomRig armor protection slightly.
  • Fixed engine flame emitter location of Raiden.
  • Fixed invisible bumps around the middle intersection on Hilltop Figure 8.
TOURNAMENT MODE
  • Tournament rewards are now correctly received when the player has entered tournament event selection screen and the tournament mode has been initialized (you can tell when the player counts appear in the event selection screen, and targets are shown in the tournament details view for monthly and weekly events).
    Rewards from the past challenges are be awarded retroactively and should appear correctly in the "Statistics" tab.
AUDIO
  • Race: Player & AI distance attenuation both adjusted for smoother fade-out at 25 to 100 meter range.
  • Race: Loudness balancing adjustments & EQ settings tweaks for all player vehicles.
  • Bandit, Buggy, Dominator, Gatecrasher, Killerbee, Rocket, Sunrise Super & Wild King: Adjusted idle-to-mid RPM range for slightly louder engine sound (lesser dynamic range).
  • Little Thrasher: Fixed broken soundbank.
  • Roadslayer: Fixed DSP settings and loudness calibration issues.
  • Optimized DSP effect usage of all player vehicles for a lesser CPU load.

Original Source: Bugbear Entertainment

Wreckfest is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Let our community help you out! Start a new thread at the Wreckfest sub forum today.

Wreckfest Banger Bash footer.jpg

F1 Stock Car :confused: Amazing, seems they're after the UK Short Oval crowd...good, about time they moved on from rfactor 1!

Still...needs VR support though, please, one day Bugbear, I'll buy you cake!
VR support would indeed be fantastic for this game, but i guess it's just not financially viable for them to spend money on.

This game seems so good and always improving.

I bought it once a long time ago, but i wasn't able to pair my TS-PC Racer wheel + Fanatec Clubsport V3 together.

Anyone knows if it is possible to do it (easily) now?

RasmusP

Premium
I just buy the game and the DLC from the 1st comment saying it drives good with a wheel I’ll test it with this DD2 later.
It's damn awesome! It basically drives how you'd imagine you could drive a wrc car in real life.
We all know we would probably die but wreck fest got the handling and physics so right, that you believe that it's like reality, but a bit on easy mode lol.
Skill behind the wheel gives you more pace, you can do all the things you read about rally drivers are doing.
But instead of crashing and spinning, you're able to keep it drifting through a whole figure of 8 lol :D
Just make sure you change your wheel rotation to 360. :)
Either that or you keep it at 900° and just put the linearity in the wheel settings to 50%, meaning 1:1 ratio instead of the weird 100%...

Ever since they changed the FFB a while back, it's never felt the same as it originally did for me. I loved wreckfest on release but I haven't been able to set it up and get it to feel the same as it used to, even though I installed the mod that was supposed to help. Shame, as it's a great game.

I'm on a Fanatec CSL elite if anyone has any suggestions on how to get a decent driving feel back?

Ever since they changed the FFB a while back, it's never felt the same as it originally did for me. I loved wreckfest on release but I haven't been able to set it up and get it to feel the same as it used to, even though I installed the mod that was supposed to help. Shame, as it's a great game.

I'm on a Fanatec CSL elite if anyone has any suggestions on how to get a decent driving feel back?

I know, right? I came back to Wreckest after quite a long time and the FFB seemed different. At first I thought it was just me - but since you noticed that too, the FFB must have changed. It's not bad at all but it used to be better.

6 GB? Huuuge.

Is it DL'd the entire game?

Yeah it's got worse. It used to be around 4.8 GB per update, every time there was the slightest change. For me it's not a big deal, it took around a minute to download, but do the devs not realise that not everybody has a Gb connection? I can imagine this taking hours if I was back in the UK.

M D Gourley

Premium
This game is both awesome and frustrating :cool::mad::roflmao::roflmao:....just when you think 'I'm going to win'....then get t-boned off track or a bloody Bus comes at you driving the wrong way :mad::roflmao::roflmao:....fantastic fun :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Feels really decent on my TS-XW Racer and while I use clutch / H-Pattern to drive I like that sometimes when changing gears it does not engage instantly resulting in a small pause before you are rolling forward again, this can be annoying also :roflmao:....and although the FFB is great and conveys what is necessary this Game is not aimed a Hardcore Sim Racers like me, so I do not expect it...it is what it is.

The new DLC cars are great, especially the Stockcar (personal opinion) as it looks like a IRL race with just these cars on track....well, until the wrecking starts :roflmao:
Great work all round with this very unique Game :inlove:

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000