WRC Generations WRC Generations | First Impressions

I'm mega impressed with this game looks brilliant, sounds are hit and miss but I think that's more to do with the limitations of the game engine. But they've done themselves proud for this final installment i think.

Played it on both xbox and pc and for some reason the xbox controller works much smoother on the pc version of the game with the car movement being really flowing where as same settings on xbox it's really snappy and you can get into situations where you correct a slide and the car will snap back the other way causing you to spin.

Last edited:
I’ve found the frame rate to be a little stuttery on pc. Anyone else had this?
No running smoothly here. Xbox however is another story. Ive got a series s and for some reason in 2022 the 4k mode is only 30fps and its unplayable input lag is horrendous. PC however is amazing. WRC10 i had stuttering issues and there is a way to fix it i think theres a video on youtube.

Just a quick update. I am about 7hrs of play in. Spent a ton of time today racing in Kenya. What a blast!

First, it took me a while to “de”dirt-rally myself. In other words, with it being my only frame of reference, in my mind DR is what a rally game is supposed to be. Wrong !!

I did need time to adapt. Then I also had to tweak things (which I did at the beginning with DR). First the Fanatec steering wheel, then simhub for pedal rumblers, then button mappings for the wheel and the button box, then the PC video settings, then the in-game settings, and finally the motion settings.

With all the done, I have really grown to appreciate the stages and the implementation of FFB and motion. It’s not perfect yet. Environmental sounds are still too low. Refresh rate issues here and there. But it has been really stable on my PC.
I will provide update as time goes on. In the meantime…..give it a chance

I also have a bit of a stuttery or laggy experience on a 12700k, 32gB 3600 and a 3080 12GB. Its a shame. I have a LG oled c1 4k but need to use dsr at 1440p and cap to 60fps to get a smooth experience. But still not as smooth as DR2 which is a shame because the game (after you adapted to an de-dirted yourself) is really great. I love the stages and graphics. The sound is okay bit not half as cool as DR2. But the stage-design and diversity… Great! I hope that Codemasters do a similar good job on their next rally-iteration.
well, anyone having a good hint for me aside from the wrc10-stutter fix tips?

I also have a bit of a stuttery or laggy experience on a 12700k, 32gB 3600 and a 3080 12GB. Its a shame. I have a LG oled c1 4k but need to use dsr at 1440p and cap to 60fps to get a smooth experience. But still not as smooth as DR2 which is a shame because the game (after you adapted to an de-dirted yourself) is really great. I love the stages and graphics. The sound is okay bit not half as cool as DR2. But the stage-design and diversity… Great! I hope that Codemasters do a similar good job on their next rally-iteration.
well, anyone having a good hint for me aside from the wrc10-stutter fix tips?
I have the same setup as you (but faster memory and not sure if you have SSD). I am running triple LG Oleds at 1440p 60hz.

The LG has an amazing up-convert engine and 120hz panel. I am more than happy with resolution as it is probably about 3k after being upconverted by the TV. In either case, it is enough for me.

After turning off unnecessary options in the post processing page, I have a very nice and smooth image. Between 85 and 95% of what I experience in DR2.

Note that I am connected via DisplayPort (these are the oled monitors. Not LG’s TV line)

This is the first WRC game I was able to play, because of native telemetry data for my simrig.
In my opinion it feels better than Dirt 2, but somehow doesn't look as pretty.
For me the visuals are not important though, game runs smooth, telemetry is awesome. The Forcefeedback is a bit hit and miss, had a lot of calibration to do, and nearly lost a few fingers in the process :cry:

SoUnD
Hello everybody. i already had wrc10 and i was thrilled to have the new M game like everything, much improved in shadows and lights, now you can drive well, FFB improved without having to do so many settings. I would like one thing: I drive using the cockpit camera but the sound is not as realistic as when you drive with an external camera with a nearby car. someone good at editing files, can set the sound of the external camera even with other cameras? The outer suod just has a nice sound with various pops when you shift gears, it is more powerful and real. When you drive a Delta Lancia, the sound as soon as you accelerate in first gear is very similar to the real one. When you put inside cameras it feels like driving another car. It puts more thrills than the other sound and excites you as soon as you release the throttle. Can this sound be changed? thank you

I have the same setup as you (but faster memory and not sure if you have SSD). I am running triple LG Oleds at 1440p 60hz.

The LG has an amazing up-convert engine and 120hz panel. I am more than happy with resolution as it is probably about 3k after being upconverted by the TV. In either case, it is enough for me.

After turning off unnecessary options in the post processing page, I have a very nice and smooth image. Between 85 and 95% of what I experience in DR2.

Note that I am connected via DisplayPort (these are the oled monitors. Not LG’s TV line)
What options have you turned off out of interest? I’m running 10900k 32gb 3600 and rtx 3090. Runs alright but replays are noticeably jerky even though with DLSS set to Quality I’m getting nearly 110fps and even with it fully off around 80 to 90. It’s weird.

So after a bit of playing around I found that switching on V-sync whilst not ideal in terms of input lag did get rid of all the weird framerate stuff I was experiencing. Having done this I’ve been able to get on and enjoy the game.

The stages on this game are something else, and something I’ve loved since the very early days of WRC. Since I skipped WRC 10 it’s great to jump in and have this wide array of content. The cars have never quite been as nice as those in DR but I think the main WRC car content is perfectly acceptable and drive very nicely. I haven’t tried any of the classic content yet except the Impreza and I had to quit the stage as I found the sound a bit off putting frankly. I’ll go back to it all at some point though to give it a fair trial.

Still trying to get the steering dialled in. I’ve gone for 540 degrees rotation to start with but after chucking my i20 around the Barcelona special stage I’m not convinced this is the right setting for the game. Anyone have any suggestions in this area?

So after a bit of playing around I found that switching on V-sync whilst not ideal in terms of input lag did get rid of all the weird framerate stuff I was experiencing. Having done this I’ve been able to get on and enjoy the game.

The stages on this game are something else, and something I’ve loved since the very early days of WRC. Since I skipped WRC 10 it’s great to jump in and have this wide array of content. The cars have never quite been as nice as those in DR but I think the main WRC car content is perfectly acceptable and drive very nicely. I haven’t tried any of the classic content yet except the Impreza and I had to quit the stage as I found the sound a bit off putting frankly. I’ll go back to it all at some point though to give it a fair trial.

Still trying to get the steering dialled in. I’ve gone for 540 degrees rotation to start with but after chucking my i20 around the Barcelona special stage I’m not convinced this is the right setting for the game. Anyone have any suggestions in this area?
I am using 540 in game after a bunch of testing and that feels the best to me. I have about 12 hours of play in.

I am really having a blast with solo league play daily events. I have not been able to break through finishing above 250th. LOL! Maybe I am too old and my reaction too slow!

I can say that they went to town with motion support which adds tremendously to the game!

I'm using 360 on my Logitech G27. It works best for me as it allows quick corrections while being precise enough.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.