WRC9 WRC 9 | Update Deployed, Finland Stages Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 9 developer KT Racing has released a new updated for their latest World Rally Championship videogame, bringing to the title the much loved stages of Rally Finland.
  • Rally Finland added as free post release DLC.
  • New driver added - Hayden Paddon.
  • Photo Mode now included.
Sadly World Rally fans have had to make do with a much reduced schedule this season in the real world due to Covid-19 and all the various restrictions that brings to elite sport, but virtual races thankfully haven't got to contend with that issues, and courtesy of KT Racing and WRC 9, taking to the countryside at break neck speeds has never been more refreshing - now with the immense Nestle Rally Finland included within the title!

As well as the driver, location and photo mode update that has just released, KT Racing have also confirmed further free expansions will be brought to the title in the very near future - with the much anticipated co-driver mode headlining update two at a date yet to be confirmed.

The new WRC update is available now on both console and Epic Games Store PC versions of the title.

WRC 9 is available now on both PC and Console.

Check out the WRC sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest and greatest news and discussion about this official World Rally Championship racing title.

WRC 9 Update.jpg

Last edited:
I have been playing rally games since Sega Rally on the Sega Saturn.
I think WRC 9 is the best rally game yet , the handling , FFB , graphics and the stages are very very good , it's a blast to drive , so much fun , i can't recommend it enough , if you don't have it , it's definitely worth a try.
On my 49" ultrawide it looks very good and yes it does support triple screen setups , plenty of footage on youtube with triple screen setups.

Very strange: Logi G27
1. In-game steering wheel angle adjustment is not available.
2. When a race starts, the steering wheel does not respond for a few seconds. The same thing after a pause.
Is it just my problem only?

No motion / rumble / telemetry support. Not for me. Which is a shame since it's really nice in other areas.

Also the list of bug fixes should really have been attended to *MONTHS* ago - corrupt / overwriting saves? Really? That went unpatched since release? I understand minor fixes, but that's a massive miss.

Ho hum.

I have been playing rally games since Sega Rally on the Sega Saturn.
I think WRC 9 is the best rally game yet , the handling , FFB , graphics and the stages are very very good , it's a blast to drive , so much fun , i can't recommend it enough , if you don't have it , it's definitely worth a try.
On my 49" ultrawide it looks very good and yes it does support triple screen setups , plenty of footage on youtube with triple screen setups.

Same here !
I've been a rally game nut since the mid 1990's

WRC 9 looks, feels and sounds fantastic on my 46" monitor !
In comparison RBR ( vanilla ) feels a bit more lose ( In a positive way ) but Kylotonn have 2 more titles to deliver and I am certain they reach the level of accuracy that make me want to retire RBR after using it weekly since 2004.

Very strange: Logi G27
1. In-game steering wheel angle adjustment is not available.
2. When a race starts, the steering wheel does not respond for a few seconds. The same thing after a pause.
Is it just my problem only?
I have G27 too.
I can confirm that after pause and flashbacks (not that I need any of course:giggle:)
a wheel is not responding for a a sec or two. Which is enough to get you crash again.
What can I say, pay attention that you use this option only on longer straights and brace for a patch.

About wheel steering angle - you know that you can change it manually, anytime, within the game itself, right ?
p8nVLUw.png

Last edited:
I can confirm that after pause and flashbacks (not that I need any of course:giggle:)
a wheel is not responding for a a sec or two. Which is enough to get you crash again.

Oh man. The absolute lack of attention to details in this game are astonishing. From all these small technical things, to all the real life WRC rules they ignore, fail to implement, the super special head to head which is in no way connected to the actual times set on the stage, or even connected to which cars are actually driving the rally and the inability to spend 10 minutes changing stagenames to at least pretend that their not-real stages are the not-real no-copy of the stages from the year the game is supposed to be from.

Hnngh.

To me the biggest flop of WRC 9 is the sound experience. The engine tones are just a constant fart. Not enough cracks and bangs. The codriver voice is an abysmal eletronic remix of pacenotes.

Just compare the Polo from Dirt Rally 2.0 to WRC 9. Sound experience is miles superior in DR2.

And man, the attention to details on Phil Mills voice. It sounds just as TV feedback back in ~2003 with Peter Solberg. You can hear his breath and air blasting through the mic. Also, did you notice his tone varies according to your pace? If you are lingering trhough the stage, he'll say the pacenotes calmly. Now if you're blasting through the road, his voice gets all exited and higher pitched.

THAT is how a sound experience should be...

Also, did you notice his tone varies according to your pace? If you are lingering trhough the stage, he'll say the pacenotes calmly. Now if you're blasting through the road, his voice gets all exited and higher pitched.
That was also done in the original Dirt Rally. They record the pacenotes not as individual calls, but for each stage separately, in a motion rig so the bumps and jumps affect the codriver's voice, and do several takes at varying pace so the game then can change accordingly. And they use the actual rally car intercom and helmet mic to make it as authentic as possible.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies