WIP Golf 7 Sportsvan

Cars WIP Golf 7 Sportsvan v0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
zgshnk submitted a new resource:

WIP Golf Sportsvan v0.7 - kili vw golf sportsvan tsi dsg WIP

First of all: I'm deeply grateful to Kunos and the entire AC community for creating such an incredible game as Assetto Corsa!
View attachment 725229
I've started a project to incorporate a fairly standard street car, complete with its typical engine and suspension setup.

For this, I've decided on the VW Golf Sportsvan, equipped with a 1.4TSI 125hp engine and a DSG7 transmission, along with 205/50 R17 wheels.

At this stage, I'm not entirely set on creating a full 3D model. My...

Read more about this resource...

Can't find issue so far.
I'm usind CM with CSP 0.2.3-preview1.
just in case

could you please post a screenshot with the error?

Can't find issue so far.
I'm usind CM with CSP 0.2.3-preview1.
just in case

could you please post a screenshot with the error?
Ah Okay then that must be it! I'm on CSP 0.179 that's why. My bad. I have a question regarding CSP, I'm still reluctant about updating to the newer CSP version, I don't wanna update and have my settings or my game messed up. How has it been for you? Do you think I should update? Thank you

Last edited:
I always use the most recent version available, including previews.

I think it's good idea to invest some time to get a better understanding of the game settings and the save/load mechanics.

As for me, to make it easer to remember I'm using this naming approach for saved prefferences: `YYYYMMDD_NN_Comment`
e.g.
20231125_01_VR
20231125_02_VR
20240131_01_TV

I hope this approach might be convenient for you too.

I believe that if it's possible to restore the game state, then you have the freedom to experiment, right?

I always use the most recent version available, including previews.

I think it's good idea to invest some time to get a better understanding of the game settings and the save/load mechanics.

As for me, to make it easer to remember I'm using this naming approach for saved prefferences: `YYYYMMDD_NN_Comment`
e.g.
20231125_01_VR
20231125_02_VR
20240131_01_TV

I hope this approach might be convenient for you too.

I believe that if it's possible to restore the game state, then you have the freedom to experiment, right?
Yes that's exactly it! If I have the guarantee that I can restore my game to a previous state and have all my settings back then totally! Actually I have a few saved presets for controls, for Neckfx and a few others but is there like that can save all my settings at once (Neckfx, Controller settings ExtraFX, etc) ?

That's tricky how it is made in ContentManager.
As I understand in CustomShaderPatch area it saves all values that are not in default state and places it in this folder (in my case):

"c:\Users\<MyUser>\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets\.."

You can try to check content of your preset and simply try to backup it in a safe place.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me. I'll try to back up everything then I'll update to CSP 0.2.2 so I can test drive your car.

zgshnk updated WIP Golf 7 Sportsvan with a new update entry:

Update v0.8: Realism Enhanced

Hey everyone,

Just dropping a quick update on the latest tweaks to our car mod for the racing simulator. The main focus this time around has been improving the suspension physics to make the driving experience feel more authentic. I was using my own data and measurements. Even more precise measurements are in the todo list. Here's what's been done and what's coming up:

Completed so far:
  • Car geometry and basic vehicle parameters.
  • Engine curve based on various measurements...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea