Cars [WIP] Audi Coupé B2 typ 81 (1980-84)

Attachments

• 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    210.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    62.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 8.PNG
    8.PNG
    289.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 9.PNG
    9.PNG
    128.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 10.PNG
    10.PNG
    269.2 KB · Views: 84
I would refrain from using any kind of smoothing. At least for now. Get the basic car shape right, then chamfer edges and smooth if you must (I guess that is industry-standard these days).
Polygon-flow is something you need to work on. Avoid polygon rows that are close to each other like the ones coming from the rear window towards the wheelarch, or the ones running from top to bottom along the door handle hole. Try to have polygons evenly spaced.
1637842500940.png

(the door in this case could use another edge going down)

You can look at the Kunos Quattro to get an idea of the flow required.
1637842348850.png

It's not the same car ofcourse, but the overal shape is somewhat similar.

I remodeled the kunos sport quattro wheel a bit to make it look like the original Audi Coupé wheels, do you think it's acceptable to do this? I don't know if I'm skilled enough to make it myself completely.
12.PNGronal.jpg

I remodeled the kunos sport quattro wheel a bit to make it look like the original Audi Coupé wheels, do you think it's acceptable to do this? I don't know if I'm skilled enough to make it myself completely.
View attachment 520631View attachment 520632
Legally it's not. They made that mesh and it's their property. However, you could use it as a background mesh and retopo over it, maybe even using the exact same polygon layout. Then it might be a copyright infringement because you copied something that is theirs. But I'm not sure how deep these things go :p

It's a good looking start :) The rim still appears to be edgy, and in general the shape could use more soft rounded edges. It's an 80ies car for sure, but not everything was boxy back then :D

I don't know if it is of any help, and it's a long wheel base version, but she is very OCD with building and restoring, so you may see lots of details up close in her videos, if you are looking for any references.

Last edited:
Hello!
Is there any release date known?
Thanks and Greetings from Austria :)
Hi! I'm really sorry to disappoint you but there wasnt much progress in the meantime, the project has been on hold for like a year now unfortunately. The exterior is more or less finished, but no work has been done the interior so far. My 3d modeling skills were also catastrophic when I started (and still are lol). So I only improved existing mods in the meantime (privately).

Buuuuuut my latest project is a Audi 100 C3 quattro, because I'll get a real one soon! If I can get permission for the 3d models used it will be released at some point.

Greetings from Niederösterreich ;)
and sorry for the late reply!

Last edited:
Hi! I'm really sorry to disappoint you but there wasnt much progress in the meantime, the project has been on hold for like a year now unfortunately. The exterior is more or less finished, but no work has been done the interior so far. My 3d modeling skills were also catastrophic when I started (and still are lol). So I only improved existing mods in the meantime (privately).

Buuuuuut my latest project is a Audi 100 C3 quattro, because I'll get a real one soon! If I can get permission for the 3d models used it will be released at some point.

Greetings from Niederösterreich ;)
and sorry for the late reply!
If you have one of the newer iPhones or Android phones, they have a LIDAR scanner thus you can actually get a precise laser scanned model, once you have your car.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.