[WIP] 1997 NATCC Super Touring Championship

:O_o: you should use DXT 5 and generate mipmaps! :thumbsup:
for the alpha: duplicate the alpha channel to a new channel, flatten your skin before exporting to dds and then apply a layer mask using the duplicated alpha channel then apply the layer mask to your single layer...after that you can export to DXT5 and you should have a window texture with working alpha ;) don't try anything else as you won't get satisfying results :cool:
for the skins you should use DXT1 and generate mipmaps too :thumbsup:

(for explanation: the mipmaps make the texture smoother on distances...without the textures look sharp and edgy even with full AA etc.)

Ah right cool :thumbsup: will give it a try this weekend as well. I normally save the mipmaps for the car skins but not the window files

Thanks for the info funk, shall give it a go over the weekend. not quite sure how this alpha channel stuff works but will give it a go!!!!

If you have any problems with the process just ask again ;) Maybe I can do a short tutorial with some pictures to illustrate the way :)
Oh and you should know, that gimp uses your background colour (second colour on the left) as a background color when applying the alpha channel...so if you have the second colour purple you will notice your windows or such having a purple shine...so to get the best results and hopefully no errors just choose the background color of your image as second colour and before you flatten your image add a background layer with the second colour too...double safety xD but you just can try the different versions and see if there are any differences :D

Ah right cool :thumbsup: will give it a try this weekend as well. I normally save the mipmaps for the car skins but not the window files

Great ;) and as said before: if it doesn't work I can write a short tut with pictures ;)
Just open a DDS in gimp with the mipmaps and then you can get a feeling on how many levels of different image sizes the game can use to blend the textures from different perspectives and distances...at least if the texture has mipmaps! :D

Remus one thing i have noticed is that the Stratus does have a few more degrees of steering than i believe it should. all the other supertourers have 12.5 max the Stratus has 18.5 max which is more S2000 spec. maybe something worth looking into before release.

any chance you could include the number boards with the release??. looking forward to getting these out on some US tracks, i havent raced on many US curcuits and they seem to be so underated.

any chance you could include the number boards with the release??. looking forward to getting these out on some US tracks, i havent raced on many US curcuits and they seem to be so underated.

Yeh no problem if I remember lol! This is one of the main reasons I made this carset as I never use the US tracks and I like Super Touring so perfect match :D

There might be a delay on the release of this as im thinking of adding the 96 season

I can add rear wings and simple front spoilers to the cars, but there are no templates as far as I know, so that might be tricky :p

Thats cool :D still better than no mazda lol! But yeh could be tricky with no template but will see what I can do. With no template its the shading thats normally the problem from memory but like I say will give it a go.

Would the original mods templates work from F1C? Think I still have them

ustcc_04.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%