Physics Wing animation

Hello modders! I just did my first wing animation. It's working as a wanted, the wings move when you change the angle in the setup.
But now I'm wondering if it's possible to visually have the wings removed on the lowest wing setting? I tried to make a scale animation in Blender on the first keyframe (the lowest setting) but that diden't work. Maybe it's possible using the csp extension?

If anyone here have managed to do this I would really like to know how it's done :)

/Emil

There might be an issue with scaling to 0, you can just go very small (say 0.01) instead. Especially if that's the frame that you're going to export the default model as. It does in general work though.

Last edited:
Hello modders! I just did my first wing animation. It's working as a wanted, the wings move when you change the angle in the setup.
But now I'm wondering if it's possible to visually have the wings removed on the lowest wing setting? I tried to make a scale animation in Blender on the first keyframe (the lowest setting) but that diden't work. Maybe it's possible using the csp extension?

If anyone here have managed to do this I would really like to know how it's done :)

/Emil
I made that work in that exact way on my KRB Audi, vanilla AC. But I think I did scale an Empty/Null the wing was attached to, not the actual mesh object itself.

Thank you for your answers! Aha so it should work that way. I will have to explore it more then.
Next issue, if I want the wing visible on the car as default, so It's visible in showroom and on the default setup. How do I then set up the keyframes so that the wing only comes off when adjusted to 0 in the setup? Maybe I need to invert it somehow. I guess the keyframe automatically resets to the start value when exported. Hope you can understand my explanation :giggle:

If it's Blender, it uses the currently selected animation frame as the default pose. Then in the showroom it stays at that default until you play the animation.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea