Wind Simulator Issues - Sum Hub

Good Evening All! Forgive me, I tried searching for a result to my particular issue, but wasn't able to find anything. I am about 8-9 months into racing, and almost exclusively in VR. I have used SimHub for almost the entire time, to drive the 6 bass shakers I have and love it. I recently decided to put together a wind simulator to add another layer to experience.

I am running an Arduino, with a motor shield, and two 140mm fans. Everything is hooked up and recognized. I was able to program the Arduino without an issue, and my fans get power. My problem is 2 fold. When I start driving, it takes a while for the fans to start spinning up, despite me dropping the minimum thresholds down. The bigger of the 2 problems is that once it gets up and spinning, it does appropriately change speed based on my car speed, but the fans end up spooling down every few seconds even though my car is still flying down the track. They then spool back up, and will react to speed again for 6-7 seconds and then spool down again.

I was hoping that someone had experienced something similar and had found a resolution. Thank you in advance!

Yes, I have a 12V/3A power supply driving the motor shield itself.

I am running a straight shot USB cable. I believe in my last set of troubleshooting I swapped it out, but thats a good idea, I'll test another 1-2 just to make sure I rule that out.

I'll see if I have a smaller fan I can test on. Unfortunately I can't find any data on the power consumption of the fans I am trying to power to know whether or not it is the underlying issue, on paper at least.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll follow up if the cable/fan swap nets me any results!

Upvote 0
Yes, I have a 12V/3A power supply driving the motor shield itself.

I am running a straight shot USB cable. I believe in my last set of troubleshooting I swapped it out, but thats a good idea, I'll test another 1-2 just to make sure I rule that out.

I'll see if I have a smaller fan I can test on. Unfortunately I can't find any data on the power consumption of the fans I am trying to power to know whether or not it is the underlying issue, on paper at least.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll follow up if the cable/fan swap nets me any results!
Hello did you solve? I have the same exact problem...

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies