Willow Springs Big Willow Circuit for GTR2 WIP

Really nice for a scratch made track :)

Would be cool in future if you could do newer versions of miller and st petersburg (they already exist for GTR2 but they look so dated to me...)

Really nice for a scratch made track :)

Would be cool in future if you could do newer versions of miller and st petersburg (they already exist for GTR2 but they look so dated to me...)
Thanks for your input GTR233; it means a lot coming from you. I do not think I will have much time to work on Miller or St. Pete anytime soon. After I release a beta of Big Willow, I plan to double back to my scratch-built rendition of Riverside International Raceway (circa 1980s) and get it "ready for prime time". Thanks again!

Great work gwaldock,
I grew up in So. Cal and first attended Willow around 1964 for kart races. By '66 i was club racing a Ducati 250 there frequently. Back then you could "rent" the track for $10 a day, with or without an ambulance in attendance. Your track looks great and I can't wait to get the Beta downloaded for use with P&G. Thanks for putting the pits on the correct side of the track.

Thanks for your kind words Jack. I watched motorcycles "hot-lapping" at Willow several times and I was always astonished at how fast the bikes were; you guys are fearless (crazy?)!

Enjoy Big Willow but please be sure to report any "bugs" you find. Many of the signs and other items are historically incongruous but that was my intention. I wanted to show Big Willow at it's best, regardless of point in time (i.e. it is occasionally somewhat "green" only in early Spring). If you have a fond recollection of a feature that I failed to include; please let me know about about it. Any pictures you can share would be greatly appreciated.

As a fellow long time Californian, you may recall the majesty of Riverside International Raceway before it was destroyed in the late 1980s to make room for a ugly and unnecessary shopping mall. If so, be sure to have a look at my work-in-progress virtual resurrection of RIR80s for GTR2.

Riverside was an amazing track. I can't count how many races I attended there. The first few seasons of the Can Am series were highlights. I watched the video of your 80's version and will try it asap. I would love to see a fresh version of the shorter club circuit with turn 7a. The existing iterations of the Riverside circuits are mainstays of my GTL and P&G wheel time They are quite nice but I'm looking forward to your version. I'll post on both of your tracks after I spend some time on them.

I live in Prescott, Arizona now but I make a point of driving over to Willow a few times each year for the VARA vintage events.

BTW, I imagine you have a copy of Pete Lyons book on the history of RIR. If not it's a must for west coast racing fans.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.