Will I ever race in FM7 again after "proper sim racing"?

I've been sim racing for a little over a year now (mainly FM7 and a little bit of F1 2019). I use a Playseat Evolution with a Thrustmaster TS-XW base and pedals. I've only played on XBox One X in front of my big 4K TV. FM7 is so flipping fun it blows my mind - I can't get enough racing in. The insane graphics, the adrenaline, I just love it all.

I've spent months lurking on this forum planning my move into "actual" sim racing. I've got $12k set aside for a complete move to PC, proper pedals and DD, new chassis, triple screen, etc.

One of the constant nagging concerns I have in the back of my head is "will I still be able to play FM7 with this new gear?" I'd prefer SimCube 2 and HE pedals vs. a complete Fanatec setup (DD base and pedals), but then I see that there are compatibility issues with Forza using HE pedals, etc.

Since I've never actually raced with a proper sim on a PC, I really don't know what I'm missing. I don't see how anything could possibly get more awesome than FM7. Could some of you reassure me that once I make this leap into a real sim rig with triple screens, etc, that I'm not going to care that I can't play FM7 anymore?

I came from Forza to Assetto Corsa a few years ago and could not go back. I changed because of I was upset on some "bugs" in the Forza physic.
But the other question: If you love it so much, why investing so much money at once in a change?
I had the PC already and with the addition of VR it was a huge game changer for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back